2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Here's that side shot you requested. It's pretty spot on the downward slope I was talking about was only if you go off the high spot in the back. I am very happy with the appearance as it sits.

Frame : Cervelo S2 54cm
Fork : 3T Funda Pro
Headset : FSA Orbit
Top Cap : Parts of Passion carbon with alloy bolt
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 130mm 6deg (137g)
Handlebars : Zipp Vuka Sprint SS Bend 44cm 1" trimmed (221g)
Bartape : Fizik Microtex Gloss Black
Seatpost : Berk Custom built saddle combo (181g)
Seatpost Collar : Cervelo S2 bolt changed to Ti
Wheels : Zipp 404 tubular (2010 with newer 2012 Beyond Black Stickers)
Tires : Vittoria Corsa EVO CX 23mm
Skewers : KCNC
Crankset : Lightning 170mm (logo removed)
Bottom Bracket : Zipp Vuma Quad Ceramic
Chainrings : 50t Stronglight CT2, and 34t Sram
Chain Catcher : Far and Near
Pedals : Speedplay Zero Pedals, tuned with Ward Ti Spindles (159g/pr)
Chain : KMC X10-SL
Cassette : Sram Red 11-23
Front Derailleur : Sram Red
Rear Derailleur : Sram Red (a little dremel and carbon pulley wheels 124g)
Shifters : Sram Red
Brakes : KCNC w/ Swiss Stop Yellow Pads
Cables : Jagwire
Bottle Cages : New Ultimate

total 12.98lbs or 5888g. :D

todayilearned

by todayilearned

Love this bike.

Insane how light you managed to get it.
- 2012 Specialized Tarmac w/ Force
- 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5 w/ Ultegra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cezinho

by cezinho

it is because of bikes like thses that i fell ashamed to show my SL2 with 7kg
:D

love it!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks guys.

Now I've got a question. Any of you out there tried a TISO FD? I am thinking about trying on on this bike. I currently have a Red FD, and it works great. Lots of people complain of them however, and I was just thinking about trying something new. Also I saw someone get one of those things down to 32g. That might make some other aero stuff possible, and still stay sub 13lbs.

BmanX

by BmanX

I would venture a guess that you could make some of the cage out of carbon which would be very cool.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

steff

by steff

Yes tiso front derailleur work perfectly with red shifters (new and 'old')
the best one is the altore (for shimano)
DSCF1795.JPG

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

steff wrote:Yes tiso front derailleur work perfectly with red shifters (new and 'old')
the best one is the altore (for shimano)
DSCF1795.JPG

Thanks great info. It's either this a SR11 FD, or new Red.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

hi chaos, how do you like the vuka sprints? I have just built up an S1 and am going to change the front end for either Zipp stuff or 3t ltd . I spend most of my time on hoods, maybe 5% in drops on ergonova pro's currently. Any feedback on the Zipp stuff appreciated..

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:hi chaos, how do you like the vuka sprints? I have just built up an S1 and am going to change the front end for either Zipp stuff or 3t ltd . I spend most of my time on hoods, maybe 5% in drops on ergonova pro's currently. Any feedback on the Zipp stuff appreciated..

I absolutely love those handlebars. Especially since I cut the ends down. They were great before, but that made them perfect. They are stiff, aero, and comfortable. I also love the Zipp SCSL stem. The combo is rock solid. I had a 3T stem, as you can see in my early pictures in this thread. It is very flexy compared to the Zipp stem. The Zipp stuff rocks. If you notice bars, and stem is one place I went kinda heavy, and I am glad I did. :thumbup:

leosantos

by leosantos

professor, plse enlighten me hehe (jk)
how come shortening the bar ends make it better like this? bc you cut a few grams? I mean, I can see how making it longer may help some people, but shortening.. if you dont like to hold it so close to the ends, just dont.. what I am missing?

tks

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

leosantos wrote:professor, plse enlighten me hehe (jk)
how come shortening the bar ends make it better like this? bc you cut a few grams? I mean, I can see how making it longer may help some people, but shortening.. if you dont like to hold it so close to the ends, just dont.. what I am missing?

tks

Well it was those 12g that got the project under 13lbs....but that's not the whole reason. I never held onto them there, and sometimes in violent sprints, or climbs they could get in the way of my knees being so long. They are nice and out of the way now. Plus they look better. Look at the pics on this page, then go back a few. They were just too long before, but I think it is good they give you the option if you want it. I just had a friend on another forum, just praise how much he loves his Vuka Sprints he got after I recommended them. It's good to know he appreciated them as much as I do. I love these handlebars.

sedluk

by sedluk

I have had Zipp handlebars before and I also trimmed them. They are just a little too long out of the box. Them come with white dashed markings for trimming.

leosantos

by leosantos

tks!
I might try it out on my contour SLs.. but regarding to looks, I always liked longer bar ends. and this particular model is insanely beautiful in person, they deserve to have the less tape possible..

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Yeah, I cut a lot more than the marks Zipp made. Like over twice as much. Here is a comparison side by side.

and after 1/4lb of weight savings.

Looks a lone it is worth it imo.

Also I went ahead, and ordered a 2012 Red FD. It's on back order until the 25th though.

BmanX

by BmanX

I think it looks much better cut. I have done this with a lot of my bars. USE IT OR LOSE IT! I do not use that part of the bar so I left just enough on my bar that it gives a bit of a ledge when I am in the drops. Sort of like a "DROP STOP"
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com