Race Plate Holder

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

surlaplaque

by surlaplaque

Hey yall,

how do you put your race number on your bike? This forum probably has nice solutions with the DIY happening.

Pics please!!!!!

bones

by bones

LOL! Race plate?! Listen buddy. If you are good enough to have a race number that attaches to your frame, then you let your team mechanic do it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

I've seen it done with pannier mount hardware behind the rear brake.

Bones, you've been on a tear lately between here and the conspiracy theories in the BB30 frame thread. I know of several large local crit series that assign rider numbers for the series. Seen several guys with a small little number attached in such a way as I described above.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

racermech

by racermech

I made a very simple one that mounted behind the brake caliper. I took a thin strip of aluminum I found at work. Maybe 1/8" thick about 1/2" wide. I took a torch heated it up a little bit and twisted it 90 degrees. Drilled a hole in the top and bottom. Bottom was for the brake bolt, top hole was for a 5mm bolt and a wing nut. Bent it just a little bit to clear the frame.

I could of trimmed it down a little bit to save a few grams. Later on after this pic I did grind down the mount area just a little bit. I had a few threads of engagement, but I want just a little more.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

http://predatorcycling.com/product/razorback/

This is what I use. It's been good so far.

Geoff

by Geoff

Most of the World Tour bikes in my collection in the last few seasons that do not have a 'brazen-on fitting' for the number plate under the front of the toptube have a fabricated part similar to the one that racermech has made. Team Highroad made a really neat, tiny carbon thing a few seasons back just for the hell of it...

DMF

by DMF

BBB just came out with a new one that attaches to your seatpost with large o-rings, kind of like a computer mount, that looks really nice. Haven't got time to find a pic, but do a search or look up their website. Easily the cleanest looking solution IMO.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

carbon2329 wrote:http://predatorcycling.com/product/razorback/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is what I use. It's been good so far.

An it even "improves aerodynamics"!!! :smartass:

Really nice looking actually. :beerchug: :thumbup:

artray

by artray

Pipe cleaner , no screws, minimum weight .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I saw a really nice one at a race in belg last weekend. Used the rotating thread insert that the bolt threads into on a seat post clamp and was made from replacing the insert with a longer custom made one that extended down and bent backwards with a hole drilled in the end for a bolt to go through to attach the number onto. I'll get a picture if I see one again. Would do it on my BMC SLR01 but the bolt is on the front of the seat post not the rear.