Cyfac XCR Custom

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Yes Bernard!
Eric is the US guy who owns half of the Company, he is also the US distributor

Absolutely through Dan, a pleasure to deal with.
He fairly is young and trying to establish a business but really goes out of his way to make his customers happy, being in Melbourne I was measured up by him using the CPS and I will get Bikes Beyond (who share the showroom) to build it. He has pretty good prices on the extra bits as well, I had a lot of my kit for the build already but for the things I did need he was pretty close to the best net prices - sometimes higher, sometimes lower - so I just ordered through him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarz

by tarz

I tried to go with Dan with as much as I could and he was extremely helpful and accommodating with prices and parts. Through various reasons I have sent him all the parts I had here in Adelaide and am getting his mechanic to build my bike. I'll be in Melbourne in a week or so, so am hoping to perhaps get in my first ride on it when I'm there if time permits.

tarz

by tarz

Update....

Bike is built and is being sent over to Adelaide from Melbourne....

Here are a few lower quality teaser photos I was sent.... but no final build photos so it is still somewhat a surprise when I open the box.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Looking sweet, can't wait to see the full size quality pics :thumbup:

Didn't do the Arundel Stainless Steel cage?

tarz

by tarz

notsoswift wrote:Looking sweet, can't wait to see the full size quality pics :thumbup:

Didn't do the Arundel Stainless Steel cage?

I had the King Cages already ordered.
Arundel cages aren't too bad though.
Was so surprised about how light the King's were. it's ridiculous.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Ah yes, half the weight for double the cost!
(although about the same cost and weight as a "real" carbon fibre, as opposed to the crappy plastic ones)

I got a call, mine arrived today...

Ozrider

by Ozrider

That looks really good, cant wait to see pics of completed build.
Let us have a ride report ASAP
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

tarz

by tarz

Ok, Built.....
Yes there a few things that need adjusting... but thought I'd get these quick photos up here anyway with my training wheels.
I know that the bar-tape will polarise opinions, i had it here, thought i would try it, but I also have black waiting in the wings.

tarz

by tarz

Also,

7.8kg with Fulcrum XLR

8.8kg with training wheels (Powertap rear)
Last edited by tarz on Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NGMN

by NGMN

hell yes, very nice!

tarz

by tarz

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Yes
Ride report?

I think the tan tape is OK because of the natural tyres, it is a critical differentiator that allows the combination (although according to the Rules you need to match your saddle :roll: ) It is good to be a be a bit individual, and since you have a custom bike we all know you are not one of he sheep. Now, if you had black tyres then it would say change it, but I like this

So is that a 3T Arx stealth with the LTD Rotundo, I like that combo, I am getting the Rotundo LTD, but I am a 14cm stem which only come in the red stripe, I wonder if I should try 13 based on that look you have going down
7.8 with pedals and cages for a OS stainless steel bike of decent size isn't bad at all.

Only criticism, take some photo's in full sun, I want to see that baby shine :thumbup:

tarz

by tarz

notsoswift wrote:Yes
Ride report?

I think the tan tape is OK because of the natural tyres, it is a critical differentiator that allows the combination (although according to the Rules you need to match your saddle :roll: ) It is good to be a be a bit individual, and since you have a custom bike we all know you are not one of he sheep. Now, if you had black tyres then it would say change it, but I like this

So is that a 3T Arx stealth with the LTD Rotundo, I like that combo, I am getting the Rotundo LTD, but I am a 14cm stem which only come in the red stripe, I wonder if I should try 13 based on that look you have going down
7.8 with pedals and cages for a OS stainless steel bike of decent size isn't bad at all.

Only criticism, take some photo's in full sun, I want to see that baby shine :thumbup:

I will get some more proper shots later on, way too busy with uni majors atm.

First ride last night, in the dark and rain.
I don't want to get caught up in the hype of a new frame, but it does feel stiff; the oversized tubing obviously has done its job. Very efficient frame, you feel the firmness but also it is smooth over the rough stuff at the same time.
Handlebars are a new shape, so am adjusting to that.
Dura Ace plain and simple is awesome, I do like the refined and smooth rear changes, although they are a tad vague, you feel them but not as much as Sram, I think I prefer that slight heavier shift of Sram, pure personal preference. Front shift, as said multiple times here, is faultless.

Will try and get a good ride in the next few days and see how I feel.

It's actually a Rotundo Pro bar, Stealth stem and LTD post, I know a bit of a mix, was supposed to be Team Black post but wrong size was sent, so the LTD was used instead, and Pro bars because it is after all a race bike and if goes down, it will be fine. Maybe I'll try carbon bars in the future but for now im good on these. It's a 110mm stem btw.

I'm pretty happy about the way it all looks, aesthetics are always a big concern of mine. And I think that the frame paint and components are balanced quite nicely.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Your frame.

I would dry-hump it.

:twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

What a gorgeous frame! Absolutely loving it and inspiring me to save up and get them to make me something special. Every time I hop on mine I can't help but smile, it's just that kinda bike.