Slammed stems...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Guy

by Guy

Powerful Pete wrote:Took care of the requoting of the quote. C'mon guys...

Now... :back2topic:

Sorry for the heinous offence.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jesse00swords

by jesse00swords

Regardless of how high my bars need to be, I don't run headset spacers on any of my bikes. I like to eliminate spacers because I've found that it stiffens up the front end significantly. Saving a few grams is another bonus.

You can take your current stem length and the height of your spacer stack and do a little trigonometry to calculate what length/rise stem you need to eliminate your spacers and keep the same bar height.

That's right: trigonometry. Shit just got real. 8)

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Guy wrote:Sorry for the heinous offence.

You are forgiven. :wink:

Jokes aside, wading through three or four posts that requote the same pictures one after another is annoying. Thanks.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

ischon2

by ischon2

The most slammed... without putting it on the bearing

tumblr_m0rwhfrUC61qaythmo1_500.jpg

The silver one is a prototype of a product i developed to slam stems. http://slamthatstem.com/headset-bearing-cover
slam on.

importbible

by importbible

*yes the saddle angle has been fixed

adriano

by adriano

youve got the bars and hoods correct at least! foolishly rotating them up is far too common.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Does anyone know if the slam the stem top caps will fit on cane creek 40 headsets?

they have these two seals that sit on top that make it so the cannondale top cap wont sit properly .... thoughts?
Just ride ..

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

should* , the only difference between is40 and is42 (which caad10 is) is the diameter. it'll work, it'll just be wider than than the is40

importbible

by importbible

itsacarr wrote:Does anyone know if the slam the stem top caps will fit on cane creek 40 headsets?

they have these two seals that sit on top that make it so the cannondale top cap wont sit properly .... thoughts?

The cap sits on the headset and drops down about a couple mm to touch the front tube. The hole fits a 1-1/4 steerer. Hopefully that's enough info for you.

jdp211

by jdp211

itsacarr wrote:Does anyone know if the slam the stem top caps will fit on cane creek 40 headsets?

The slam that stem top dust cap was designed with cannondale headsets in mind, so i'd imagine that it won't work with yours

Guy

by Guy

Powerful Pete wrote:
Guy wrote:Sorry for the heinous offence.

You are forgiven. :wink:

Jokes aside, wading through three or four posts that requote the same pictures one after another is annoying. Thanks.

Understood and no problem. :thumbup:

ischon2

by ischon2

importbible wrote:Image

your bike is on bike rumor, your welcome ;)

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/27/sla ... that-stem/

WasFab

by WasFab

anyone know if the "slam that stem" dust cover will fit on Wilier Cento Uno which originally comes with Ritchey Carbon drop in headset which is relatively very high stack. Here it is http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=62142&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom
I'm planing to leave the headset and just to replace the Ritchey dust cover with the slam that stem one. Maybe I'll need to put a micro spacer between the top head tube and the slam that stem cover. But anyone tried this set up or knows if it's going to fit?
Here a picture I added from my current set up

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kz1gh1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

importbible

by importbible

ischon2 wrote:
importbible wrote:Image

your bike is on bike rumor, your welcome ;)

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/27/sla ... that-stem/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wicked :shock: