Can anyone assist with Sidi warranty- 9 months and no shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ajh

by ajh

Long story short
Sent shoes to distributor in Canada for warranty in late July
They send them to Sidi in aug but evidently they are off that month
Check in late sept and shoes are warrantied but no stock at distributor in my size
Have to wait for ergo 3 stock in dec
I am still waiting and in the interim I have destroyed my rainy weather ergo 2s as they also had the same issues as the pair sent in but now have over 9 months of daily use and are now dead.
I was going to send those in right after the first pair came back.

Can anyone get me an email or contact at Sidi so I can speed this up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kac

by kac

What happened to the shoes?

KAC

ajh

by ajh

Rear heal fabric self destructs. This is even after using a shoe horn 95% of the time and when I do not use it I still put my fingers in the way of the heal. (pic attached)
Holes in mesh around the main strap fixing points as it pulls and separates from the shoe.
Front toe area stitching comes undone.
middle turn ratchet will not hold shoe tight.
Shoe stretches so much that it only has 1-2 mm of tongue gap.
Attachments
Heals coming apart.jpg

bontie

by bontie

Funny that, I have used Sidi road shoes for a long time, my MTB shoe lining also scuffed through similar to yours but on the inside of my right foot (one shoe only).I thought it might be due to walking in them.

Any other users that have this experience.

Will try get a contact for you...

ajh

by ajh

I have SIDI top of the line MTB shoes from 2000 that do not have this issue as well as a set of 2005 Ergo 1's, and the pair before the ergo ones that just plain died after 4-5 years of use and they did not have this issue.

The wear you see here is from 2 seasons and the wear was not quite as bad on the ones that are warrantied as that was one season of use.

This all started with the new heal retention system as well as the change in the fabric they used in that area. The stitching has often come undone on my toes so that is expected. The stretching is a new issue as well.

kac

by kac

I'm relatively new to Sidi shoes but your problems seem to indicate shoddy workmanship and/or cheap materials, not at all what I would expect from a company with Sidi's reputation. Given your patience and the problems, the dealer ought to intercede on your behalf or simply replace the shoes with new ones. Very discouraging.

KAC

ajh

by ajh

They are replacing but I am at the bottom of the list to get them so it seems as I have been getting the "it will be two weeks or next week or for sure they will be her next month" standard industry answers for 6 months

Slowest warranty in history for me at this point. Also this happened on two shoes in a row after changes to the materials so it is the materials and design and not outside issues.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

ajh wrote:They are replacing but I am at the bottom of the list to get them so it seems as I have been getting the "it will be two weeks or next week or for sure they will be her next month" standard industry answers for 6 months

Slowest warranty in history for me at this point. Also this happened on two shoes in a row after changes to the materials so it is the materials and design and not outside issues.

To be fair, you could be the outside issue.

ajh

by ajh

That is a thought but after 15 years on Sidi shoes and this is the first issue and it is the same issue on two shoes I would go with the materials and design.

Perhaps they are relying on the heal retention system too much to control movement in that area and the fabric is not sturdy enough for this use. The issue starts with the outside top seem separating from the forces and then it continues to what you see.

I leave the HRS system in stock open setting and have a very narrow Achilles area.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

I have used Sidis for a long time and recently the sole of my Ergo 2 carbo lite came unglued with less than 10 month of use ( I do rotate 2 sets of shoes between use and have another older set for the trainer)......that was 2 months ago and still waiting for an answer. First time this has happened to me with Sidis. Just got two new Ergo 3s so I'm hoping it's not a quality related issue. Also I hope I don't have to wait like you 6 months just to get a replacement.

ajh

by ajh

It has been 9months total and 6 since they said I would get them any day

I have also tried to find replacements to get away from sidi
Specialized s works too much volume
Louis Garneau too much volume, too heavy and had quality issues
Bont feet fall asleep after 4 hours
Fizik no one stocks around me
Lake no one stocks around me
Bontrager- have not tried yet but I am thinking about it.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I would have thought your distributor could have dealt with this sooner rather than handballing to the manufacturer? It also seems odd that they couldn't get in a replacement size within 9 months? It sounds like the distributor isn't working too hard for you?

Previously I've had a distributor get an urgent replacement item from another shop (they supplied) when they've not had an item in the warehouse.

News spreads fast when a supplier/distributor aren't up to scratch...personally after 20 yrs of using Sidi I've never had a problem other than replacement due to crashes. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bones

by bones

Sorry to hear your problems. I had a friend that had a similar situation and didn't get anywhere with the distributor. Maybe your best bet would be to call Sidi in Italy direct.