Bibs for stocky riders

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend a company who's bibs will fit a stockier rider? I've tried Voler and Champ-Sys when they sponsored teams I've raced for. Voler seemed to work, Champ-Sys not so much. Other than that I've only tried Pearl Izumi which really didn't work. I have tried on bibs from Capo and they seemed to be pretty good fit-wise but I haven't ridden in them.
I'm so rubbish at this.

trojancyclist

by trojancyclist

Our cycling group based in Southern California used JLvelo based in Santa Ana, CA. They are the team kit supplier for Vanderkitten and Monster Media and Peanut Butter and Company.
They have American sizing up to 4XL. They will make as few as 1 item. Everything is made to order. Assembled in California. Lots of fabric options. They have very few premade garments.

Sugoi is another option. They offer relaxed sizing. They do have pre made items.

I can speak for JLvelo 1st hand. Sugoi thru several friends.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

I've heard Canari might also be good, but I've only tried on their jerseys, where the big problem for me is finding something that fits around my thighs. Anything "european cut" won't go past my knees unless I get like a XXL in which case the chamois feels like a diaper.

...not that I know what a diaper feels like or anything...
I'm so rubbish at this.

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

Bump...
I'm so rubbish at this.