I'm new! My Summer Ride ......... Look 565

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Look565w

by Look565w

Hi All,

I have been lurking around for too long & thought it's time to share my summer ride, my pride & joy for the past 5 years.
I'm from Scotland, UK. Just a club cyclist, no racer!

Look 565 Frame & Fork 2006 (Bought 2007)
Small 51cm (TT 530mm) Nude Carbon Colour
Look Ergo 4 Carbon seat post
Campagnolo Record 10s Ultra Full Groupsets
with Compact cranks (With Token Ceramic bottom bracket bearings just upgraded)
Fizik Arione Saddle
3T arx team stem 100mm
3T Rotundo Pro Alloy Handlebars 400mm
3T Bar tapes
NOS 2006-7 Corima Winium Carbon Tubular Wheelset
Vittoria Corsa CX Tubs F&R
Look Keo Carbon Pedals
Currently running a Garmin 500, nice little toy

Sorry but I'm not sure what the exact weight is, but it's light enough for me. My best guess would be around the 16lb mark, I stand to be corrected! Maybe I should take it to my local bike shop for a weight check. :D
This is light compares to coming from riding my heavier winter bike (which is a Van Nicholas Chinook with Campagnolo Veloce/Centuar & Fulcrum 5) :D

More images at :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55693145@N ... 479923270/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Like I said, I have had this for the past 5 years & I absolutely love it. It has served me really well with the type of riding I do, which is mainly long club runs & sportives. I don't race at all but will hopefully be taking this with me to Italy in May to ride the Nove Colli Sportive (really looking forward to it) along with a bunch of my club mates.

I just really love & admire traditional lug constructed carbon frames, I like the classic look & proportion of such frames especially smaller frames like mine. This was the reason why I bought this in the first place. If I ever had the money to buy a new frame, then it would be a lug Colnago C frames or a Parlee ........ still dreaming!

Having said that, its the only carbon bike I've ever owned so can't really compare with other frames.

There is a few pictures of the bike when I first built it up new with Easton Ascent wheels, but have since change to the current Corima set up. These are light wheels for climbing & stiff enough for my 5' 7" frame.

Thanks for reading & hope you dig it.

See you all on the road! :D

Wong

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice! Always like the look for these and the 585.

kgt

by kgt

That's a classy bike. Very nice wheels also.

NGMN

by NGMN

Theres a NOS of this frame that I think would look so good with Athena 11 speed silver components and some silver wheels.

Yours looks great too of course. Welcome.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That looks great.

You're about the same height as me and I notice that you have changed bars. If my experiences are anything to go buy, the new generation of short reach/short drop compact bars might be worth giving a try. I think they suit shorter riders so much more than taller ones with longer torso's.

Look565w

by Look565w

Thanks to everyone for the welcome, praises & suggestions!

Ultyguy,
Thanks! I've been keeping an eye out for a 2nd hand 585 for the last few years but with no success. I suppose the 565 is the poor man's 585. :D

NGMN,
Can you actually still get a NOS 565? That's must be so rare because as far as I know the 565 was only produce between 2006-2008. Look even drop the highly respected 585 just last year I think, to the disappointment of a lot of fans out there. (myself included)

Valbrona,
Interesting point you make, when you say compact bars, do you have any recommendation in mind? However, I would personally prefer them with the classic bend shape ones if there's any. Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Krull

by Krull

looks great, especially with the corima-wheelset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com