Which stem 73 degrees or 84?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WasFab

by WasFab

What most of cyclist use as stem raise? Is for none pro the common use is the 84 degree raise since is less racing position?
I'll love know your take on that.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pey3bz

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wcl4

by Wcl4

I have both and find that it depends on the frame. Because different frames have different angles in sloping top tubes, I like using the stem that matches the angle. So for my Wilier and Storck, I use a -6 and for my BMC it's -10. I compensate the difference in height of the two stem angles with fewer or more spacers.

WasFab

by WasFab

I have cento uno which generally the head tube is high, I ride no spacers anyhow and currently I have the 84 degrees but I was thinking also for cosmetic (seems to look cooler) to try the 73. What's your take on that?

tommasini

by tommasini

Looking at the saddle to h'bars drop of many pros will suggest low is good - but please base your stem choice on what works for you and for your given bike.......as manufacturers now offer a wide variety of head tube heights - and when combined with effective TT lengths and rider "styles" this doesn't allow for single stem angle recommendation.

Maybe post a pic of you on your current bike and I'm sure you'd get plenty of more insightful recommendations from WW members........

WasFab

by WasFab

So here I have put some pictures, I'll love to get your input on that..!
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335799567.222701.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335799579.886607.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335799589.429780.jpg

headwind816

by headwind816

How do you feel on your bike now? Do you feel too high when riding the top and hoods? Do you feel the drops to be too high? Are you straining to get into the drops, but the top portion feels good? I know it may look cool, but that only matters when you are resting and staring at your bike. Bombing a hill on your tops b/c the drops are uncomfortably out of reach is both "ugly" and potentially dangerous ... just my two euros.

WasFab

by WasFab

It's seems fine as it is but I can never tell, I play quite a lot with the hight, I use to have spacers and I cut the fork so this is basically where I felt I want to be but I'm curios about the flat stem position with no raise since I have no idea how I would feel. Also I have 5 mm of spacer Right now i can play with.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?axzxhl

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com