check this out cycle crash vid

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

http://www.bikerumor.com/road-bike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks deliberate to me ,what a %$%%er

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Yes, very frightening. Apparently they have been able to identify the car and track down the owner. Hopefully he/she will get the book thrown at them...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I don't know whether the original crash was deliberate, but the not stopping at the scene sure was.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Intention of the driver is irrelevant at this point. This type of accident is the worst type for a cyclist where it's from behind and the cyclist has no chance to react. The driver should be punished harshly especially for leaving the scene. This might likely be a DWI accident, or text messaging on the phone, but it would be difficult to prove
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Omiar

by Omiar

What camera is he using? Should get one too.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Dalai

by Dalai

53x12

by 53x12

Direct link to the crash video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LatOGCWVc

The suspect sounds like a stand up quality member of society: "Medaglia was arrested for possession of heroin, felon in possession of ammunition, violation of probation, and felony hit-and-run, according to BPD. He was taken into custody without incident. Medaglia’s misdemeanor probation violation stems from an August 2010 case for a violation of PC 653(k), possession of a switchblade." :roll:
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

ozdavo

by ozdavo

Watching that, I felt sick with anticipation of the crash... not knowing how bad it was going to be, and thinking about how vulnerable were are on the road. So glad they both were able to walk away.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

ozdavo wrote:Watching that, I felt sick with anticipation of the crash... not knowing how bad it was going to be, and thinking about how vulnerable were are on the road. So glad they both were able to walk away.

Same, the first two minutes of that were like something out of a hitchcock film.

Disgusting

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

With all the traffic on the road, I am amazed that no one else stopped to check on them. I hope someone did actually stop and it just was not captured on the video.

rustychain

by rustychain

Pleased to hear they got the driver. Hope injuries were minimal. I am getting to the point that recording video will be a part my daily rides :cry:

I would suggest a bit of editing on this clip however, the cyclists blew a stop sign and were weaving in and out of the lane (with justification true) but not looking or signaling at least from the rider up front. Not that his had anything to do with the crash IMO but a judge or insurance company may make waves if they see this and claim contributory negligence
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

kac

by kac

rustychain wrote:Pleased to hear they got the driver. Hope injuries were minimal. I am getting to the point that recording video will be a part my daily rides :cry:

I would suggest a bit of editing on this clip however, the cyclists blew a stop sign and were weaving in and out of the lane (with justification true) but not looking or signaling at least from the rider up front. Not that his had anything to do with the crash IMO but a judge or insurance company may make waves if they see this and claim contributory negligence

Good points, but too late for that. Editing the clip could be construed as tampering with evidence. Regardless, the motorist's behavior had nothing to do with the cyclists' previous actions and is simply inexcusable. Were it not for the video, the driver would be free and clear.

KAC

artray

by artray

That is a good point. I wonder how many di$khead drivers have got away with it. Maybe we should all have a camera?

dkwperth

by dkwperth

Cameras are essential these days. The comments coming up under that vid link show you exactly why.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com