Soul CA 5.0 Wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dave67

by Dave67

That's great to hear.
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

funkmeister

by funkmeister

Hi all,

Late to the party, but I'd like to share my recent build with CA5.0s. Sean the man himself has been really cool to help me put this together. Love how the CA5.0s brings the whole modern classic vibe to the build.

Yellow Yellow Dirty Fellow by the.higher.me, on Flickr

ODT

by ODT

That looks great. Thinking of getting one of those myself. Would you be so kind to give close-up of the decals ?

rugger

by rugger

rugger wrote:Have been on 3 - 40 km rides. Have to say I like the wheels so far. Stiff, the hubs are quite, spin up nice, no real feeling they are unstable in crosswinds. All in all I'm pretty happy. Unfortunately my current condition after winter doesnt do the wheels justice :-) Gotta put a few more KM's before I can give a true review...I run out of legs before I run out of wheel :-(

On a side note, as most others say the customer support, and contact with Soul bikes was second to none! Sean took the time to answer all my questions and pointed me to the wheel set that best suited my needs....i can strongly recommend doing business with them. Shipping took no time at all and i cleared customs with no problems at all either.

Update:
Have been riding on these for about a month...must say I like them! A side note however very hard to mount tires...have had a few pinch flats....Conti 4 seasons are really hard to mount...just put on my summer tires at the weekend...GP4000 mounted easier...no flats as of yet.....

juzme

by juzme

rugger wrote:
rugger wrote:Have been on 3 - 40 km rides. Have to say I like the wheels so far. Stiff, the hubs are quite, spin up nice, no real feeling they are unstable in crosswinds. All in all I'm pretty happy. Unfortunately my current condition after winter doesnt do the wheels justice :-) Gotta put a few more KM's before I can give a true review...I run out of legs before I run out of wheel :-(

On a side note, as most others say the customer support, and contact with Soul bikes was second to none! Sean took the time to answer all my questions and pointed me to the wheel set that best suited my needs....i can strongly recommend doing business with them. Shipping took no time at all and i cleared customs with no problems at all either.

Update:
Have been riding on these for about a month...must say I like them! A side note however very hard to mount tires...have had a few pinch flats....Conti 4 seasons are really hard to mount...just put on my summer tires at the weekend...GP4000 mounted easier...no flats as of yet.....

I too have a hard time mounting new Conti GP4000s on them... But after the tyres have been stretched, removing and remounting them are a lot easier...

juzme

by juzme

Haven't been logging much mileage due to few months hiatus due to work.

But 1 difference I did observe was that the wheels can gather speed fast on descents compared to other wheels I've used before.

No other user reviews?