BEST BB30 bearings for CD EVO?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

yoquh wrote:
Tokyo Drifter wrote:These bikes do not use bb30 bottom brackets. Get someone who knows what they are doing to buy your parts and install them.

Pretty sure that the Cannondale Evo uses pressfit BB30 BB.

From Cannondales site it says it uses SRAM PressFit BB30 BB. As i don't have a evo but just a CAAD 9 I have no idea if they are indeed that bad.
But when I was looking for some bearings to go with my hollowgram I found this site http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id232.html. And found a few posts around on forums that said they were pretty good. But I went with the ones from cannondale so I can't really say if they are any good or not

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Evos use PF30, not bb30. CAAD10 and Supersix use BB30. The two are not he same other than that they use they accept the same spindle.

Just use the SRAM ones. They're cheap and last well over 5,000km if installed properly. If you can be bothered getting the specific bearings to press into your cup, it is advisable to use green loctite (bearing retainer) otherwise they will start to rotate inside the cup. You shouldn't really do this though, as the removing the bearing from the SRAM plastic housing deforms the housing.

bones

by bones

Those specific bearings for the BB30 are known to squeak like hell.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBRE

by CBRE

Took it back apart today, press fit for sure. Drive side is a little rough, non drive side is awfull. Fair wheel bikes has a hcs pf30 ceramic
http://fairwheelbikes.com/hsc-pf30-cera ... -4122.html
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

bones

by bones

CBRE wrote:Took it back apart today, press fit for sure. Drive side is a little rough, non drive side is awfull. Fair wheel bikes has a hcs pf30 ceramic
http://fairwheelbikes.com/hsc-pf30-cera ... -4122.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't be so sure though. There are even reports from users of ceramic bearings of creaky noises when paired up with BB30.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Picked up the frame and i was wrong, as pointed out, PF30. They kindly fitted the crankset which was good news as havent built up using a BB30 before. Now starting my build!

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

if you have a bb30 frame and the BB is creaking, you need to use green loctite (bearing retainer) instead of grease when installing the bearings.

Decent quality steel bearings are superior to shitty ceramic bearings (ie, endura, ceramic speed).

Just because it is expensive does not mean it will last a long time, often the opposite is true.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

What I found is the spindle sometimes fit a bit loose in the bearing, this create a gap, initially the grease takes care of it, and it can make some noise later on.

How come the external BBs doesn't make much noise, doesn't the spindle 24mm also go through the bearing races.

rbrtwyn

by rbrtwyn

Most external BBs use plastic dustcaps that act as a 1mm shim to make the 25mm ID bearing fit the 24mm spindle. Plus, the plastic makes things quiet as metal spindle to plastic dustcap is much better than metal spindle to metal inner race. Plus, in my opinion the whole press-in BB idea is prone to being noisy.

Phill P

by Phill P

Go with the HSC PF BB from Fairwheel-HSC bearings are excellent, and fairwheel are a great team.

There are thousands of posts about creaking BB30/PF30 setups (only slight exaggeration on the thousands). The creaking is easily fixed.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

CBRE

by CBRE

Phill P wrote:Go with the HSC PF BB from Fairwheel-HSC bearings are excellent, and fairwheel are a great team.

There are thousands of posts about creaking BB30/PF30 setups (only slight exaggeration on the thousands). The creaking is easily fixed.

Ordered the HSC PF30 from FairWheel today!
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

Boralb

by Boralb

CBRE wrote:
Phill P wrote:Go with the HSC PF BB from Fairwheel-HSC bearings are excellent, and fairwheel are a great team.

Ordered the HSC PF30 from FairWheel today!

Have you experienced any creaking, or any other problems related with your hcs pf30 bb's?
I've used the bb86 pressfit version without any problems earlier, and want to be sure about this pf30 version also.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

And for the dumb kid at the back of the class listening to AC/DC, do BB30 and PF30 both use 6806 bearings?

styrrell

by styrrell

mellowJohnny wrote:And for the dumb kid at the back of the class listening to AC/DC, do BB30 and PF30 both use 6806 bearings?

Yes, for BB30 a circlip goes in a groove in the BB shell, then the bearing gets pushed into the BB until it hits the circlip. Some BB30 frames have a step milled into the BB shell and dont use the circlips. For PF30 the bearings are pressed into platic cups and the cups are pressed in the BB shell until flanges on the cups hit the shell.

The axle should fit very tightly into the bearings. Tight enough that you may wonder if something is wrong. Its best to grease the axle, then put it into the freezer for 10 minutes and install. The cold will shrink it slightly and make it much easier to go in.

bura

by bura

Tokyo Drifter wrote:
yoquh wrote:
Tokyo Drifter wrote:These bikes do not use bb30 bottom brackets. Get someone who knows what they are doing to buy your parts and install them.

Pretty sure that the Cannondale Evo uses pressfit BB30 BB.

From Cannondales site it says it uses SRAM PressFit BB30 BB. As i don't have a evo but just a CAAD 9 I have no idea if they are indeed that bad.
But when I was looking for some bearings to go with my hollowgram I found this site http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id232.html. And found a few posts around on forums that said they were pretty good. But I went with the ones from cannondale so I can't really say if they are any good or not

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Evos use PF30, not bb30. CAAD10 and Supersix use BB30. The two are not he same other than that they use they accept the same spindle.

Unclear is,why advising OP in your first reply to get someone who knows what they are doing when you were aware about the fact that evos
have PF30? Knowing PF30 and BB30 have the same sized bearings. OP question was " I don't want to buy the wrong ones, are they just common pressfit BB30's?"
You replied with: " These bikes do not use bb30 bottom brackets." :noidea:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com