obermayer gold.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

stella-azzurra wrote:
CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
sastre wrote:[...]Someone will buy them though. :lol:

=> watch the >> counter <<... :wink:

currently 33 0f 99...suckers? only 66 to go. :mrgreen:
The counter is now up to 35, so only 64 to go. Those babies are moving. Perhaps readers of this thread bought those 2.

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

Ypsylon wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:Is CarbonSports paying a royalty to Lew for "copying" the "yellow spoke of champions"?

Beat me to it. :mrgreen:

not any more than Lew paid Mavic...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

On January 27, 2007 in New Lew Wheels coming....880grams, lancejohnson wrote:i just want to know what the 'yellow spoke of champions' thing is... does this mean that mavic came out with a yellow spoke and champions road their wheels, so anyone using a yellow spoke also must have a championship pedigree?
Lance, Can you tell us more about the Mavic yellow spoke (wheels)?

metanoize

by metanoize

As much as I love Lightweight wheels, this LE is just nasty and ostentatious, as bad as this bike http://www.bornrich.com/colnagos-limite ... rsary.html

This is how I now perceive Lightweight Wheels!
Attachments
mr t.jpg

incognitus

by incognitus

metanoize wrote:As much as I love Lightweight wheels, this LE is just nasty and ostentatious, as bad as this bike http://www.bornrich.com/colnagos-limite ... rsary.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is how I now perceive Lightweight Wheels!

LOL - agreed!
(Still loving my Standards, I hope this gaudy wheel is just a temporary lapse of taste. Hope they use the cash flow for engineering some serious products as I would expect from carbonsports.)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HammerTime2 wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:
CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
sastre wrote:[...]Someone will buy them though. :lol:

=> watch the >> counter <<... :wink:

The counter is now up to 35, so only 64 to go. Those babies are moving. Perhaps readers of this thread bought those 2.

Well then, I'll put you down for one pair or are you a big playa and want 2 because you hate switching out the cassette.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

I was not among the two, nor do I anticipate being among the remaining up to 64. Now, if you want to buy them and give them to me for free, well, then I could be interested.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

If I did that I'd be one step below :arrow: sucker a.k.a an idiot
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

spytech

by spytech

stella-azzurra wrote:If I did that I'd be one step below :arrow: sucker a.k.a an idiot

If you sold your extra 21st you would be able to afford the whole lot.

i like the whole concept of lightweight, lew, corima MCC+, etc type of wheels. only LW and Madfiber are building clincher i would like to see ENVE step up to the plate. the more companies that do these type of wheels, the more competition and the consumer wins.

i dont think these wheels are for the avg. jo or even the avg. LW customer. they are over the top for sure, but some people want that and there is nothing wrong with it. when people call others suckers for buying what they want it is stupid, even more stupid are the people who listen to them and dont buy because of what others might say. i know someone who would not buy a 458 italia because of what others would say/talk of him owning a ferrari - it is sad (NOT!!!) just weak.

Alex_ucsb
Shop Owner

by Alex_ucsb

Good googly moogly!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

spytech wrote:If you sold your extra 21st you would be able to afford the whole lot.

I don't know what you mean by that comment.

The comment I made about me being an idiot was to HammerTime2 based on what he said about me giving him the wheels for free after I bought a pair of these.

My sucker comment was more about Lightweight putting some gold spokes on an already expensive set of wheels and passing it off as the IT wheel set to buy. The standard lightweights are just fine it's the marketing of these new wheels that I am making fun of.

If people have the money to buy these I'm fine with that. I am not saying don't buy them. I have the money to buy these wheels but I don't need to have them. I don't need to go with the crowd.

Now if someone would like to donate them to me for free like HammerTime2 suggested then by all means I will gladly take them.

spytech

by spytech

stella-azzurra wrote:
spytech wrote:If you sold your extra 21st you would be able to afford the whole lot.

I don't know what you mean by that comment.

I did not expect for you to understand. maybe someone can help you understand what an extra 21 is.

stella-azzurra wrote:
My sucker comment was more about Lightweight putting some gold spokes on an already expensive set of wheels and passing it off as the IT wheel set to buy. The standard lightweights are just fine it's the marketing of these new wheels that I am making fun of.

so who is the sucker? lightweight for making the wheel or the person who purchases it?

stella-azzurra wrote:

seems like you think anyone who buys one is a sucker.

cmh

by cmh

Who cares...if you like the way they look and you have the coin then so be it. They'd probably look nice on the Colnago Ottanta...assuming you like gold. :) Might look really wild on a Master 55.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

stella-azzurra wrote:My sucker comment was more about Lightweight putting some gold spokes on an already expensive set of wheels and passing it off as the IT wheel set to buy. The standard lightweights are just fine it's the marketing of these new wheels that I am making fun of.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but I'm not really seeing that marketing.

They make a limited edition, make that easily distinguishable and offer a factory tour with it. It's probably pushing it, but one could say they are drawing money into the cycling industry that would have otherwise gone to expensive cars and watches.

To keep the trend going, if somebody buys the wheels but can't go on the tour, I'll see if I can go and take some pictures for you. :mrgreen:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

aeroslave

by aeroslave

This forum here is the market crowd for those wheels.

A lot of peeps from this forum can buy those wheels. The more absurd...the more it makes sense here :lol:
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com