Hiding Di2 battery

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

konky

by konky

I know there have been some posts regarding this on WW before but as battery conversion is so new and the industry is moving quickly it would be good to get some up to date comments and most recent experiences.

I'm looking to buy a battery conversion kit and get my LBS to fit it.

Calfee, Icarus, and di2diy offer kits to hide the battery. Are they all good and do they all work well? Are there any other providers worth considering?

Comments would be much appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I have done two installs with di2diy's batteries. He is very responsive to communication, any questions I had were immediately answered. He has upgraded the kit in response to questions about battery protection and size. It installs easily (assuming you are familiar with the Di2 harness arrangement), and works as advertised. I highly recommend it . (As well, its a small fraction of the price that Calfee charges).

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

goodboyr wrote:I have done two installs with di2diy's batteries. He is very responsive to communication, any questions I had were immediately answered. He has upgraded the kit in response to questions about battery protection and size. It installs easily (assuming you are familiar with the Di2 harness arrangement), and works as advertised. I highly recommend it . (As well, its a small fraction of the price that Calfee charges).

I have the di2diy battery and ride with him. Works great and have had zero problems. I have 750 miles on the first charge. He now offers a system that does not require you to pull out the seat post. It charges thru the any of the connections. If you are in the So Cal area you can drop your bike off and have him do the work. :thumbup:
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I think Icarus has gone out of business... which is a bummer since I have one of their batteries.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Does anyone know how to contact the guy on WW who sells the Di2 battery mods?
Thanks Mark

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

mnmasotto wrote:Does anyone know how to contact the guy on WW who sells the Di2 battery mods?
Thanks Mark

His name is Gene and his email is di2diy@gmail.com

Steno

by Steno

Hi All,

I have read mulitple times the instructions for installing the battery, but just can't picture it which is bothering me as I have installed di2!! :oops:

Does anyone have photo's of installing it or able to talk it through in english?

Getting stumped on what you are cutting in the diydi2 instructions?

cut the shrink sleeve holding the battery connectors together, unplug the battery connector,

Edit: My brain has just kicked in. Basically you are removing the heatshrink from a previously installed battery and plug in the new connector.... Ahhh. Don't I feel dumb!!

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

[/quote]Edit: My brain has just kicked in. Basically you are removing the heatshrink from a previously installed battery and plug in the new connector.... Ahhh. Don't I feel dumb!![/quote]

Correct! The new harness that plugs into the battery port uses a Shimano connector that is cut off the battery mount. Just plug in and heat up new supplied shrink tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com