Murdered out Cervelo S3 with Zipp 404 Firecrest

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Beware putting Shimano, and Specialized parts on a Cervelo S3, will make for an unusually heavy bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alreadyhadone

by Alreadyhadone

Amazing bike, both looks and quality....

Can you say how much your bike weighs?

lee16

by lee16

Chaingang wrote:Nice bike lee16 :thumbup: Just bought the same wheels like you. http://www.wielertoerist.be/forum/viewt ... 63&t=44298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I love them. I use Yellow King brake pads but a yellow line is now on the wheels. :twisted: With brake pads are you using?

Good luck with youre bike. :wink:

Im using the Zipp pads.
Ill get the bike weighed this week. Its pretty light.

mtnbkr

by mtnbkr

How do you like those Sprinter Tires? I'm debating those, possibly the Gatorskin version for durability. I have 404 FC coming in 2 weeks and they will be my first tubular!

Getter

by Getter

"Murdered Out" usually refers to all black.

Nice bike though.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Does 'Murdered Out' mean ANYTHING, outside of downtown LA?

As a Brit, Murdered Out would mean that it has been killed, I would presume. I expected to see a crashed bike here.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

It was the OP's failed attempt at saving the thread title, because the beware warning was such a hit.

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

RTW wrote:Does 'Murdered Out' mean ANYTHING, outside of downtown LA?

As a Brit, Murdered Out would mean that it has been killed, I would presume. I expected to see a crashed bike here.

It's a common term in the US which usually refers to something being all black, specifically a black automobile with black wheels. :smartass:

But what do I know... I live a mere 5 miles from Downtown L.A. :noidea:
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

LarsEjaas

by LarsEjaas

mtnbkr wrote:How do you like those Sprinter Tires? I'm debating those, possibly the Gatorskin version for durability. I have 404 FC coming in 2 weeks and they will be my first tubular!

Sprinters are a really nice set of tubulars. Actually I have seen data indicating that these are Continentals tubulars with the lowest rolling resistance! Also quite puncture resistant...
I like these, because it is affordable to ride these, with a number of punctures each year (and they still roll great). I really like the Competitions also: But only use these for my time trial wheels: On the road they are to expensive when you get punctures.

I've tried Vittoria's tubulars, but they are to fragile for danish conditions (to many punctures).

artray

by artray

In the first photo the bottle cages look like the face of Batman,the Warner Bros cartoon version