Giant TCR Advanced O weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wannaberoadie

by wannaberoadie

Hi guys,

I am a long time reader of this forum and i love the dedication shown to real world weight vs marketing dribble.

I am looking at purchasing the bike mentioned in the title, but i can not find anything in regards to real weight. Giant dont mention it, I have seen someone claiming 8kg for a medium size somewhere on the web.
I figure that a few of you might have purchased this bike and can tell me the real weight of a Med Large size stock set-up. I can get the bike with Ultegra Di2 (Ui2?) for $3000 AUS

I am currently riding a 2007 BMC Road racer with Ultegra SL and American Classic 420 size 56 (TT57cm) I think this bike weights in around 10km with lights, look peds, aluminium seatpost, stem, bars and plastic bottle cages.

Im not a huge WW as I still like durability riding over sh#tty Melbourne and Bendigo country roads but i still dont want to splash the cash and upgrade my bike to only save 500g.
Also appreciate if any of you have some cheap ways so take some grams out of the TCR Advanced 0

Thanks
Wanna be Roadie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog11

by warthog11

I am interested in one of these also in the same size (57 cm tt) as it happens. Anyone got an idea they are about 8kg or 17.6 lb?

petje891

by petje891

I work in a local giant store, so I can check it for you. We have one in store right now, it will, unfortunately, be monday when i'm able to weigh it...
Giant TCR Advanced 2021 - 6.8 kg

warthog11

by warthog11

petje891 wrote:I work in a local giant store, so I can check it for you. We have one in store right now, it will, unfortunately, be monday when i'm able to weigh it...

Great, thankyou :)

petje891

by petje891

Well, I weighed it, size ML, it came in at 7,70 kg with a bottlecage and bottle

warthog11

by warthog11

petje891 wrote:Well, I weighed it, size ML, it came in at 7,70 kg with a bottlecage and bottle

Great thanks very much for going to the effort :D
Not so bad considering the weight penalty of the groupset.

SvenNijs

by SvenNijs

wannaberoadie wrote: I can get the bike with Ultegra Di2 (Ui2?) for $3000 AUS Wanna be Roadie

Where? How?
The current "Factory Backed Sale" price is $3,300 from selected dealers and I'm looking for any ammunition I can use when trying to haggle that down a bit more! :wink:

petje891

by petje891

warthog11 wrote:Great thanks very much for going to the effort :D
Not so bad considering the weight penalty of the groupset.

Was surprised as well, tought i was weighing an M! :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com