Compression shorts under cycling shorts?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

superleggera

by superleggera

My Physical Therapist recommended I wear compression shorts under my cycling shorts because of a quad strain. Unfortunately, my team is sponsored by Giordana and they don't have compression in their shorts. Has anyone here worn compression under their cycling shorts? Is it uncomfortable? Does it help? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

They are fine as long as they don't bind in between your legs.
Try them out and report back. Thanks.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I just chaffed reading this.....how about cutting the leg off a compression short and just wrapping your quad? Would negate the issue.

NS

by NS

Why not buy the skins c400 cycling shorts and get the best of both worlds. Super comfortable insert as well

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

These are your answer -

Available world wide via amazon or wiggle. They are easier to size via Wiggle.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/compressport-forquad-thigh-guard/

I have some, excellent. They work.

Camilo

by Camilo

I'm kind of surprised a PT wasn't familiar with the compression sleeves. I'll bet he/she just spoke in terms of shorts because she/he didn't know that wearing shorts under bicycle shorts would be an issue (probably a lot of non-cyclists or casual cyclists just assume one wears underwear).

Anywy, there's a million compression sleeves out there. Either chose one your self, or ask your PT for a recommendation. Again, I'm assuming the PT recommended shorts without knowing why the sleeve would be the way to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superleggera

by superleggera

Thanks guys!! I did not know quad compression sleeves existed. I will order the 2xu quad compression sleeves.