Anybody on Strava?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I'm on, will check out the WW group. It's cool to see some of the pros' rides, but I really can't stand the asinine comments people make to them :roll:

ODT

by ODT

Easier to find like this : http://app.strava.com/clubs/6377

Privateer

by Privateer

I love Strava for comparing segment times, but the numbers often don't make any sense.

Take the power estimates (or measures- it's not clear if it uses my power meter data or a modelled estimate). My maximum effort as saved in Garmin Connect is 1298 watts, and my max in the last 30 days is 954. Strava has my maximum ever effort as 338 watts, which is exactly the same as Strava's estimate (measure?) of my 10 minute power.

It's not just my data. Looking at some of the others in the WW club- "Kenny Powers" has a maximum effort that's also the same as his 10 minute power- 758 watts. I have no idea who Kenny Powers is, but he's clearly awesome as Juan Pelota (aka Lance Armstrong) has a 10 minute power of 559 watts.

The aggregated data are also wacky. It shows me as doing an average of 5 rides per week (for 0 hours and 0km). If that were the case my average ride length this year would be over 300km. Again it's not just me- Kenny has an all-time distance of 29,294km over 110 rides. That's an average of 266km per ride, while Strava shows his longest ride as 201km.

So, I only use Strava for looking at segments and sharing rides with friends, not as a training tool. I use WKO+ for monitoring my progress, and Garmin Connect for sharing my data with my coach since I hate Training Peaks.

I long for a single program that does everything. An online version of WKO+ that included segments and rider comparisons would be perfect.

Privateer

by Privateer

Tinea Pedis wrote:I'm on

http://app.strava.com/athletes/5680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

where is the WW group??

Have you really done over 10k km already this year? Holy crap.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

That maybe because it's his "job" right now.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Privateer wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:I'm on

http://app.strava.com/athletes/5680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

where is the WW group??

Have you really done over 10k km already this year? Holy crap.

As if you've been slacking like usual ;). Mallorca looks like it treated you well. I managed to get a bit in on honeymoon in Chile but I come back to this crap weather? May as well go skiing this wknd....

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

prendrefeu wrote:I had to flag someone's ride up a local climb - mostly because it was highly doubtful the person was able to avg 28mph up an 6-7% grade with the final 1/8th mile at 17% (maintaining the 28mph!), all with no HR for verity. Before flagging I also checked up on the person's other rides & achievements, getting a sense of where this person is and what they are most likely capable of overall. Based on that, I concluded the person left their GPS on and drove up the hill with their bike in/on the car, but didn't bother to edit out their auto journey from their ride. So I flagged them.

Yeah, I understand how it sucks for being flagged, and it sucks about how easily someone can just flag a ride - but I would hope that the folks at Strava have at least one person to investigate the flags before acting upon them. It took at least two months for the flag I placed to be reviewed and that person's ride either edited or removed from the climb's results.

That's pretty anally retentive :roll:

I'm in... Should be getting back into the riding next week. Been working way to much over the last 2 months. :twisted:

How about we make the club global if you can't in the setup options just email the strava team
They are pretty helpful

Any one here in Sydney?

campbellrae

by campbellrae

sugarkane wrote:
How about we make the club global if you can't in the setup options just email the strava team
They are pretty helpful

Any one here in Sydney?

Can't see how to do it on the standard set up menu, but will mail the Strava team and see if they can do it!

Edit: Have mailed them asking if the location could be changed to 'Global', will see what they say!

mdcreed81
Resident Pro

by mdcreed81

I'm on. I don't post everyday, just days I decide to show off
http://app.strava.com/athletes/202451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I have a second account so I can mess with my friends who already know about the first account.
http://app.strava.com/athletes/406561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

i just signed up on Strava. Let's see what it brings us. :up:
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

petje891

by petje891

Just signed in as well! Tommorow my first ride!
Giant TCR Advanced 2021 - 6.8 kg

vidman

by vidman

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petje891

by petje891

First ride in a long time, I'm a lightweight rower, already train 8-9 times a week, got a flat... :evil:

http://app.strava.com/athletes/408789
Giant TCR Advanced 2021 - 6.8 kg