Baum Corretto - Black & Purple 'Phantom'

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sawyer

by sawyer

Just doesn't look like a race bike. Expensive though ... .

:beerchug:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I know - tall head tube, right?

I still run a 9cm drop though (well, usually - it's a bit higher in the Mad Fiber pics whilst I'm waiting for my shoulder to improve).

It definitely rides like a race bike though - if you were blindfolded you wouldn't know it's Ti; the power transfer is incredible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Rich-Ti wrote:I know - tall head tube, right?

I still run a 9cm drop though (well, usually - it's a bit higher in the Mad Fiber pics whilst I'm waiting for my shoulder to improve).

It definitely rides like a race bike though - if you were blindfolded you wouldn't know it's Ti; the power transfer is incredible.

Tall head tubes are back with vengeance and the myth of lower is faster is being dispelled by all bike fitters companies etc. At the P5 Cervelo launch they more or less said they like pros with short legs so they can run even shorter cranks without short head-tubes. I predict in 3-5 years off the shelf will have even shorter cranks and tall head tubes akin to the S5.

Stunning bike by the way - inspirational stuff. The bespoke bike show returns to Bristol next month and is a brilliant day out.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

diegogarcia wrote:The bespoke bike show returns to Bristol next month and is a brilliant day out.

Unfortunately* I'll have moved to Sydney by then. My 2nd Baum will be at the NAHBS show, but I won't be able to make it to that either! :(

*In a manner of speaking!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Finally rode the Mad Fibers today - not as spritely as the Lightweights, but then they don't feel as jarring either. Cross winds were... interesting, but not as bad as I expected. Generally, VERY impressed and glad I chose them.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Your bike looks hot with the Madfibers. I like the look of no decals better...unless they are paying you to advertise :wink:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks Gum - they're for me next bike rather than staying on this one, but I had to give them a try! :wink:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Ruined another Vittoria Open Corsa CX with a big cut that became a hole - put my spare Open Corsa Sevice Corse on to avoid having to buy new treads (not working at the moment):

Not sure I'm keen. Highlights how short the top tube is too!

I'm also currently running a Fizik Kurve Chameleon, but the Tune Komm-Vor might go back on - it's more comfortable.

dcj9

by dcj9

i like the look of those tyres rich. hard to tell at first glance they are not tubs actually :thumbup:

nspace

by nspace

Love this bike!

Roobay

by Roobay

Ruined another Vittoria Open Corsa CX with a big cut that became a hole - put my spare Open Corsa Sevice Corse on to avoid having to buy new treads (not working at the moment):

if you still lived in london, i have a part used one you could of hand for nowt :mrgreen:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Cuurently rocking Ambrosios on Chris King R45s with Sapim Race spokes.

Since these arrived on my air freight I've been itching to get them on the bike - now they're on I can't stop using them! 1720g before tubs, skewers & cassette, but I *love* them!:

Tune Komm-Vor did go back on too - preferring the narrower width of the nose on it right now too, and it's just as comfortable whilst looking better.

Janman

by Janman

Wow! Request for some bigger images. :shock: Ps: my Macbook Air resolution is 1366 x 768.
Pedal it!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Finally found a carbon Dura-Ace chainset and couldn't help myself... :oops:

Tune SmartFoot now for sale!

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Why can't you ever find enough room to get the whole bike in shot?

There must be enough room in Australia.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com