ENVE 6.7 or Xentis Mark 1 TT

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Hello guys,

I have a pair of:

ENVE 6.7 Tubulars
&
Xentis Mark 1 TT Clinchers

Either will go on a Storck Aero frame to be used as triathlon/TT bike. I don't want to keep both pairs so will be selling either. Which in your opinion is the better?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I haven't ridden the Enve's, but I absolutely loved the Mark 1 TT's. Braking performace was fenomemal and the aero advantage was amazing. They were pretty difficult to hande in side winds.

Estelja

by Estelja

Xentis for the following reasons:

1. Easier to change tire in a race (you have to self support, right?)
2. More aero.
3. Will hold value better due to rarity.
4. Most importantly, way cooler looking!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Xentis.

Period.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Enve's will suit more courses/weather conditions, keep them.
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Liggero

by Liggero

i freak out in this kind of situations:

who the hell designed the stickers for those xentis wheels? any cheapo taco bar anywhere in the world has a better logo, for god sake. it's hurting my eyes... just remove those stickers and save some extra grams and some few eyes.
Happy Trails !!!

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Enve tubulars.

In a TT if you flat, your race is over. The tubulars will likely be faster, handle cross winds better, and be more comfortable.

Bring a can of Vittoria pit stop with you if you are worried about potentially flatting.

ergott

by ergott

Estelja wrote:2. More aero.

Could you point me to where you got that information?

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

ergott wrote:
Estelja wrote:2. More aero.

Could you point me to where you got that information?

I believe Roues Artisanales did an aero test a while back. The Xentis Mark 1 TT ended second behind the Zipp 808. I am pretty sure the Enve wheels were not included.

ergott

by ergott

SWijland wrote:
I believe Roues Artisanales did an aero test a while back. The Xentis Mark 1 TT ended second behind the Zipp 808. I am pretty sure the Enve wheels were not included.

Well Enve shows their data on the 6.7s to rival to Firecrest 808s which in turn are better than the 808s from that test. Sounds to me like the 6.7s would be more aeroynamic than the Xentis and will handle better in crosswinds as well. They are both fast wheels, but with the improved stability of the modern rim shapes I wouldn't keep the Xentis over the 6.7s.

NGMN

by NGMN

Ergott than you for pointing out the likelihood that the Enve 6.7 are an aero match if not superior choice to the Xentis. The Xentis look nice, and are decently fast apparently, but the 6.7 would be a better day to day bet.

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

ergott wrote:
SWijland wrote:

Well Enve shows their data on the 6.7s to rival to Firecrest 808s which in turn are better than the 808s from that test. Sounds to me like the 6.7s would be more aeroynamic than the Xentis and will handle better in crosswinds as well. They are both fast wheels, but with the improved stability of the modern rim shapes I wouldn't keep the Xentis over the 6.7s.

Ah Enve, the darling of commercial wheelbuilders...
Now I wonder why.....?

OP - why dont you go out and time your next 20 loops of a familiar test ride and log the data and see which wheel is best for yourself?
Chances are, if you have to ask on a forum which wheels is faster, that you are not fast enough for the aerodynamics of either to matter.

If you are fast enough you will have more data on speed and handling impressions by giving them a spin.

As a rule of thumb - people tend to like what they already own, and professional wheelbuilders tend to like what they sell, so it is no surprise to hear that they like Enve.

bikedoc

by bikedoc

used the TT's for about 3years, loved them, bombproof, great hubs which never needed service, fast and handled well Used them for every race regardless of course and weather. Also had a set of the HM's which are super light and felt amazing to ride but just were not as quick.

when i swapped countrys i had to give them back, very very sad day.

If you want fast, well made do everything wheel then they are the ones

disclaimer, im 90kg, i did lend them to other lighter riders and in strong (20mph+) winds they said it was interesting but i never had a problem

ergott

by ergott

reggiebaseball wrote:As a rule of thumb - people tend to like what they already own, and professional wheelbuilders tend to like what they sell, so it is no surprise to hear that they like Enve.

I'm sorry, but was there something I said that was illogical? Way to make a contribution to the discussion. You offered nothing useful on your reply. The OP already owns both wheels so I have nothing to gain from my input.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com