Tune Saddle opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kman

by kman

I would probably send that saddle back as well - although many super light parts don't bother with getting the most perfect, glossy finish. The weight variance and the rails are reason enough to send it back IMO.

I ride a Speedneedle Marathon and find it very good. I grew up on Turbo's and then moved to the original Selle Italia Flights. I tried an AX Apollo and found it hard and narrow and painful. I sold that and bought the SN Marathon and have been very happy. Recently I've also spent a bit of time on a Toupe (143mm) and find it ok but would prefer a little more roundness/flex on the edges. Its not too wide, just seems very flat.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTKK

by JTKK

Received Komm-Vor+ alcantara saddle today, 83 grams.
Underside and rail finish is not as nice as on the Speedneedle.
Hopefully can test ride it next week, too much ice on the roads.

astranoc

by astranoc

Replacement saddle arrived today. Same weight with the previous, 91g, the finish is a bit better but again looks like the clear coat was put in a hurry. Anyway, I ll be going out in a while for a test ride :)

SSB

by SSB

To the guys who have the Komm-Vor+,

What saddles did you use previously, and how would you rate the Komm-Vor+ against them? I'm fixated on buying one of these for my upcoming build as they're sexy as hell in person and oh so light. I want it to be that piece of "bling", but I also want to have an idea if it might be right for me. For instance, I rode Fizik Arione/Antares and liked both, but didn't like the Aliante.

There's a shop here that carries them and I intend to buy from them, but I don't think I could get a long demo with one (maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask?)
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

cerro

by cerro

I have used a Selle SMP Strike Full Carbon and Smud-Carbon before. Also rode some SLR but doesn't fit me. Also have an Komm-Vor on my mtb and you can feel some difference with the leatherdifference. I can feel that the Komm-Vor+ goes up a bit in the middle of the seat in front of the leather but maybe just in the beginning. Worked good for me otherwise.

shinyred

by shinyred

Hi, would any Kom Vor+ owners be able to post the height of the saddle (from rail bottom to top of seat)?

I've got an integrated seatpost and wanting to order a shallow saddle, so that i don't have to cut the seatpost more.

currently using Prologo Scratch (50mm) and Fizik Aliante (55mm)...looking to get a saddle of 45mm height

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I measured mine hastily running out the door and it's in the 40-45mm range.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

shinyred

by shinyred

Ypsylon wrote:I measured mine hastily running out the door and it's in the 40-45mm range.

Thanks so much Ypsylon, that is perfect! i'm needing to cut 8mm-10mm using the Aliante, so if i get the Kom Vor+ then I can save cutting the ISP further.

Cheers :beerchug:

JTKK

by JTKK

Absolutely love my Komm-Vor+ saddle, perfect saddle after SLR, very comfortable even for 5h ride :thumbup:
Only problem so far is how to set it up, nose pointing up slightly like Speedneedle or what. I have it now leveled to 0° and when riding on the drops I'm sliding forward little bit. How do you set up yours?

astranoc

by astranoc

This is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but how far up the komm-vor+ are you supposed to sit? Are your sitbones supposed to be just after the leather strip end?

cerro

by cerro

I'm sitting in front of the leather strip, hard to say how far my sitbones are from it but. Good end so you don't "slip" behind the saddle.

muntos

by muntos

I just received my Komm-Vor saddle and it weights 90gr, bellow the declared weight, hope it's still guaranteed for 90kg (I have 85):)

newnan3

by newnan3

Had a slr carbonio but it made me go numb sometimes. The spesh saddles work much better for me. Currently on a toupe and its great.

Oswald

by Oswald

Many years ago I tried a Speedneedle Marathon on a Thomson seatpost and I remember the rails being too far apart, just like in your pic. But I just squeezed it in there and never had a problem with it.
The saddle was very comfortable. I only tried it for a couple of rides before I returned it (it was from a friend who borrowed it to me) I am used to riding SLR saddles, which I really like.
I would definately buy a Speedneedle, if they weren't so expensive. The SLR TT saddles or kit carbonio are already very expensive. A Speedneedle even more expensive. Too expensive for me :'(

nagge

by nagge

I'm thinking about the Komm-vor+ but I'm worried about sliding around on the naked carbon. Is it a real problem and should I be looking at the regular Komm-vor instead?
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com