10 pound WILIER zero.7 build campy sr or 2013 sram red?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

I doubt it weights 600 gr. Around 780gr would be normal. See Cunego's zero7 frame (small size I guess) at 734 gr:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

U'lll be happy ! if not, u can always pack it up and send it to me !(-;
i would love to buy a new 11 speed groupset i still have a 10 speed record group but i cant split from it the group is still working flawless !!

jwilliams

by jwilliams

I am going to pull the fork, hed set off the frame and do a bare weight here soon. But I was also a bit in awe at 964 with fork !! Thats why when I put my colnago c59 on the same scale and it came in at almost 1700 with fork I said ok " i'm sold. "

But that is why dispite every lite weight part I could only ge the c59 down to 11.72 lbs, and I have seen a wilier zero.7 under 10lbs at twohubs.
Wilier Zero.7 SR11 being built
2011 C59 Di2 AX SRT 24's, THM Calvica, Fibula
2010 RXR VIP @ Red RXR Sold
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

You bought a nice bike, and it deserves a nice groupset. SR11 is absolutely the way to go. Other group sets can do the job well but they don't complement your bike. If being ww is your only concern, there's better choices for the frame anyway.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

http://www.bikebuster.com/details/121146.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; wrote:Frame: Wilier60T carbon Zero7
Fork Wilier Zero7
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record? 11-25
Chain: Campagnolo Record
Cranks: Campa Super Record 34-50
Brakes: Campagnolo Super Record
Shifters: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
Stem: FSA Wilier Zero7 Custom
Handlebar: FSA Wilier Zeroy7 Custom
Saddle: Selle Italia Zero7 Custom
Seatpost: Ritchey Zero7 Custom
Wheels: Campagnolo Bora Ultra2 CULT Zero7 Custom
Tires: Vittoria Corsa CX tubular
Pedals: Not Included

Doesn't have LW Obermayers ---> FAIL!!

jwilliams

by jwilliams

I had LW and they had very bad feedback on high speed decents. I even swapped out brakes. Sold them. So unless the new lightweights are better I am not a fan.
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

@ Hammertime I suppose you would put DA or Red on it too... ? :roll:

@ Jwilliams just get LW with the standard DT hubs, so much better.
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

jwilliams

by jwilliams

OK SAD truth time.

Frame came in at 799g with the front head set, front braze-on and rear der .

I bet the real weight is around 749-759g if you take out the 3 parts. Uncut fork is 360g.

As of now THM has no fix for the Calvica cranks so I bought the Ti campy sr 11 cranks untill the fix comes out.
the campy cranks once put on add 711g. So once the THM fix is out I look to drop about 173g in crank weight.

I am not sure I will get below 10lbs without the THM cranks.

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Previously, jwilliams wrote:I was at the shop and saw him weight the bike and fork and the scale was set right so yes that was the total weight.

da123 wrote:Does that 964g definitely include the fork? If so then wow. Is it a stock Wilier fork - their website claims 360g for the stock fork, which would seem waaaay too heavy if you're getting the whole lot under a kilo.
How do you explain the discrepancy in weight? Was this the same bike weighed 2 different times (on different scales), or 2 different bikes? Of course the heavier weight (still pretty light compared to most other frame/forks) seems more believable to most of the folks here.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Well the shop scale was a hanging scale and mine is a larger shipping scale. I can only think when the shop did a pounds to grams conversion he did it wrong. So I retract what I thought to be a factual number. Oh well, it's just weight. But I am happy with the bike over the Evo and the BH. It has quite an Italian flair and look that I do love.

I will start a new post once I build it up with true weights off my scale that is calibrated by the state for accuracy. No false numbers this time ;)

Dear THM get me a BB386 cup ASAP for my calvicula !!

yeaitsdave

by yeaitsdave

SR is for the best with the Clavicula crank (once you get a bb that will work). New Red is designed to be used solely as a complete group, the trim-less front derailleur works in part because of a tighter spacing between the chainrings than standard, so I imagine the front shifting might be sloppy with another crank...

Dustin

by Dustin

Built up an XXL Zero.7 for a customer today. I couldn't believe how light that frame was. Crazy. Complete bike came out to 15.5 w/ SR and Hyperons. He's not a WW.

I've seen two different versions of the paint on the Zeros. One has "Wilier" in a silver glitter, the other is a simple grey. The former seems to have different graphics on the seat tube as well. Not that it matters...just sayin'.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

jwilliams wrote:OK SAD truth time.

Frame came in at 799g with the front head set, front braze-on and rear der .

I bet the real weight is around 749-759g if you take out the 3 parts. Uncut fork is 360g.

As of now THM has no fix for the Calvica cranks so I bought the Ti campy sr 11 cranks untill the fix comes out.
the campy cranks once put on add 711g. So once the THM fix is out I look to drop about 173g in crank weight.

I am not sure I will get below 10lbs without the THM cranks.

I can't see this bike getting below 10lbs with this component list. It's a sweet build though. I just know how hard it is to get an everyday bike below that 10lb mark.

It might be time to get out the dremel! :twisted:
Last edited by gumgardner on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

jwilliams wrote:Oh well, it's just weight.
The mods might let it slide this time, but another comment like that could earn you a permanent ban from the board called WEIGHT WEENIES!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com