6805N bearings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

octav

by octav

I need to change my bearings from a Campy Chorus UT crankset so I need to get 2 6805N bearing with the 6mm version.
I know for sure that on the DA7900 bearings, you can find those bearings. But on another set of Shimano BB Cups(For example Tiagra) can I find the same dimension of bearing?

Thanks for your replies

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crohnsy

by crohnsy

:google: is your best friend here. Type in your bearing # and you will have your answer.

bricky21

by bricky21

I searched and could not find an aftermarket 6mm 6805 bearing(anyone with a source please share). I broke down and bought the oem Campagnolo bearings which also came with new seals :thumbup: .

goodboyr

by goodboyr

bricky21 wrote:I searched and could not find an aftermarket 6mm 6805 bearing(anyone with a source please share). I broke down and bought the oem Campagnolo bearings which also came with new seals :thumbup: .

This page, half way down:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id201.html

CØ 6805N VV
NOTE: THIS IS A NARROW (6mm wide) VERSION OF THE 6805
DIMENSIONS ................................................ 25mm x 37mm x 6mm
SEALS ........................................................"VV" Dual-lip non-contact
BALL MATERIAL ................................................... Si3N4 MADE IN USA
BALL GRADE ................................................................................ 3
RACES ................................... Cryogenically Treated Chromium Steel
APPLICATION ............................................................ Wheel Hub, BB
GREASE ..................................................... Realube Bearing Compound

octav

by octav

I didn't really find the dimensions for the Tiagra /105 or Ultegra bearings :(
25mm x 37mm x 6mm , I need this dimension but here in Bucharest I can find only the 6805 version 25mm x 37mm x 7mm .
DO you think it would work with 7mm instead of 6mm?

Thanks

TheCannibal

by TheCannibal

I did this myself recently, bought these ceramic ones from the states for not much more than the standard ones. They don't spin forever like the white ceramic ones that cost hundreds but are smoother than the originals.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230776689889?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1144

Why do you need to replace them? If you've got a creak, try greasing the chain ring bolts and pedals first may stop it

octav

by octav

I have a pretty big play in the bearings :( unfortunately. I use the crank for cyclocross, and that's not that good for the bearings.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Does Shimano use the N (6mm) version of the 6805? I don't think so....

For anything Campa using a 6805 you'll definitely need a 6805N though.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Phill P

by Phill P

6805N is a non standard size, and you will struggle to find one from a non cycling specific source. Most places will not sell the 6mm wide version (7mm wide is standard)

Campy was smart for two reason to pick the 6mm wide option.
1stly is saves a couple of grams and frees up 1mm each side of the crank to use for the cranks
2ndly it makes it hard for people to service the bearings using anything other than campy OEM bearings because they are hard to find. However eventually the cycling specific brands got the 6805N tooled up.

If you are going to use these for cross, you may not end up too happy with ceramic bearing of any brand. Ceramic bearing typically have a lighter seal on them, and the constant riding in harsh environment might get into the bearing too quickly and destroy the steel races (its still the races that go first).
That said Fairwheel have HSC bearings which are the best performance value for money (I can't match their price on 6805s or 6806s)

If you want non ceramic bearings, I suggest checking out boca bearings. They aren't the highest grade bearings, but they do offer full steel bearings very cheaply, as well as very cheap ceramic bearings (cheap for a reason in this case.....) I'm sure you will be happier replacing $5 steel bearings twice a season that you will be replacing $35 hybrids.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

octav

by octav

Finally I have bought the Campy original ones and fitted them to my Ultra Torque Crankset. Feels like new :)