Capo Dorato Jersey fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

can some one tell me how true does the capo jersey fit to chart on their site, looking to get something new for the 2012

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tricky1

by Tricky1

I tried one on and it seems to run small. For example, if you're a L, try an XL. That was my experience, hope it helps...

duz10s

by duz10s

I agree go up a size for capo stuff
2015 RCA with Di2

wasfast

by wasfast

Our team kits are the same cut as the Dorato. These are intended for riding in the drops, thus have a much shorter top-to-bottom dimension. This helps reduce "zipper waves" due to the full length zipper. That also means the rear pockets are much higher and more difficult to get to if needed.

The overall sizing is snug, generally one size smaller than you're used to. I went from a small to a medium for example in both the shorts and jersey.

The sleeves are longer too which is a bit of a puzzler. I am now the happy owner of multiple tan lines on my forearms as they are 25-30mm longer than any other jersey I own (and I own plenty).

Zitter

by Zitter

The material is very thin and stretchy so I would also recommend going down a size. I didn't know that when I bought mine and the shoulders have too much excess material.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

sizing is true, like santini, for example. one odd thing about this dorato jersey is that the neck opening is huge. I am 5 11 , 32 waist and 40 chest. the large jersey fits well, but the neck can easily accommodate a 20.5 neck size. weird.

VTBike

by VTBike

Wow, I hear sizing is big, sizing is small, sleeves are long, neck is big..Sounds like something Dr. Seuss designed. Perhaps you should look into another jersey :lol: or at least buy from a place with good exchange policy.

On another note, I own multiple Capo jerseys that are not the Dorato... I'm an XL in Castelli short sleeve, and I must take an XXL in Capo short sleeve. Yet, I'm and XL in capo long sleeve. My shirt t-shirt size is a medium for snug fit, or large for slightly baggy fit. I'm 6'2, 200lbs, 32" waste, 42L in a sport jacket. No idea if that helps you, but there it is.

bman11

by bman11

I am 6ft tall, 170 lbs and I wear a L in Capo short sleeve and XL in long sleeve. I have long arms though.
Just dig in and climb it!!!

fletch62

by fletch62

Is the Capo Riserva a similar fit?
Im looking at this range on sale, but nowhere local to try it on.
Usually wear a medium jersey by Nalini, but went a large in Mavic which is a little loose.
Looking to get a thermal jacket & wind vest.

VTBike

by VTBike

Ok, I bit on the Dorato (mmm.. doritos).. Just ordered the jersey and bibs from Chainlove.. Couldn't beat the price or the return policy. I ordered the Jersey in an Xl and an XXL. Bibs just in an XL, as I'm pretty certain they will fit. I'll update when I get them in a week or so.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Castillo make club fit and race fit... So it would depend on the jersey model rather than the brand...

It's that way for almost all notable manufacturers...

Saying "x brand" fits this way or that way is off base...

The dorato stuff fits a bit mor snug than some of their other stuff too.

You need to name a jersey model that you would like it compared to for a reasonable size response.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com