the Massachusetts project updates p9 and p10

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

elfuinha wrote:great bike

about the i-link in the brake hole of the shifthers, what do you did to fit them.???'

answer soon please.

best Regards

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/thread21644.html

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Thanks, that is what i need.

I will have to fill down 0,5mm.

keep up the good work, mine will be ready at the end of next Weel, if all missing parts arraive.

Best Regards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timintense

by timintense

might be worth trying BETD for a black mech hanger :- http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/
My bikes:-
- 2014 Lapierre Zesty AM 727-11.9kg
- 2012 Storck Fenomalist Di2 - 7.1kg

Carbon - Lightens your bike and your wallet
OCBD - Obsessive Compulsive Biking Disorder

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

timintense wrote:might be worth trying BETD for a black mech hanger :- http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like a bust... No parlee hangers

I could give it to my friend and have the hanger anodized.

jwb96

by jwb96

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm building up my Z5 now. Won't get anywhere near your weight, but it's fun anyway.

humblegadflea

by humblegadflea

sugarkane,

You can now order a black derailleur hanger directly from Parlee. It is the same as the black stock hanger that they put on the Z5sl. You will have to call Parlee or get your dealer to order because the black hanger is not sold on the Parlee website. I ordered an extra one just in case--not that I'm planning to crash my Z5sl, but I like to be prepared!

Dcgriz

by Dcgriz

Updated comments on ride and handling?

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Dami just got an order of DLC cables from Fairwheel bikes yesterday, I could have ordered an SL hanger from Jason...
I'm waiting on a new cassette and shifter,mech combo from shiny bikes so it's off the road until they turn up... My friend has taken the hanger to get it anodized black any ways..

How does it ride.? How does it handle?

It's awesome. The front end is soo sure footed, and sharp it's amazing. I'm lending a SR, hyperion equipped moots compact at the moment and it's a fast snappy little bike but the z5 is so much less nervous through high speed corners , sucks up road buz much better too. The parlee does everything just more comfortably and easily. You fight the bike less to get more speed.
The moots is over 1 kg heavier too but at 70 +kph you'd never know.

Its funny I've spent all this time and energy building a 5.3kg descending bike and one that would astound you.

It does climb very well the problem is I really don't :P
Sprints well and handles 180km rides like a dream.

I'm very, very happy with the whole thing.
Big thanks to Jason from Fairwheel for all the trick bits and help. Jure for thcompletely amazing combo that is dialed in perfectly and the Frag for small feats of engineering and component tuning.

We have 2012 Sr mechs and shifters in the post. Ti butterflys for the pedals and GSL brakes

Should be able to find a few more Gs with out compromising the reliability of this true daily ride.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Beautiful build. Thanks so much for sharing. The close up pics, and impressions of the Berk combo are great too. I am anxiously waiting for one to arrive myself.

sholiday

by sholiday

the corrected weight of the THMs is 612g, and the corrected weight of the SR cranks is 706g

I looked into the THMs. I have a pair of Stork PowerArms SL Standard with KCNC Cobweb 53/39 rings that weigh ~575g on my new Parlee Z3 (check out my build in my signature). I'm in the process of switching them out for a pair of Lightning Compact cranks because they are ~50g lighter (total wt is 524.9g with 50/34 rings!) Even if I change it over to Standard 53/39 Extralite rings I would still save ~40-45g.

Just a thought.
Parlee Z3 4.94kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101920
Wilier Cento Uno SL 5.52kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=101957

sholiday

by sholiday

timintense wrote:love this parlee, its my favourite, looking forward to seeing it with the berk seat/post combo

I just built up a Parlee Z3 with a Berk Saddle/seatpost combo (click on the link in my signature). I have 2 one is 119.5g using nano carbon and the other is 134.4g using standard carbon. They are more comfortable than people think. I was using Fizik K:1s on all my bikes and this is only slightly less comfortable. On long >3hr rides I switch out the post/saddle for the K:1 and Enve seatpost.

sholiday

by sholiday

sugarkane wrote:
split wrote:Beautiful. What spacers are you using? I need to get some. I've seen the "ribbed" ones on ebay, seems logically lighter. I've also seen the hollowed out alloy ones.

the ribbed ebay spacers are best bang per gram...

i have a german version of the same things i got a few years ago before they were copied by the asians...

mine weren't very cheap, get some of the Taiwanese ones, very light and totally functional

i've been told by a couple of friends i need to anodise the rear mech hanger black...

problem is then i can't ride it...

Have Parlee send you another hanger and you can have it anodized and then make the swap out in 5 mins.

sholiday

by sholiday

phazon wrote:What a stunning bike. Absolutely amazing build, incredible attention to detail and I can't think of anything I'd change on it. Possibly I'd prefer it in a matte finish, but that is being hyper-picky!

I'm currently tossing up between a Parlee Z5 SL or a Madone 5-series - possibly a strange choice but one is at my original budget (the Madone) while the other is a seriously big chunk of cash! But the Parlee's at Bespoke in London have I think won me over, and this bike is hammering the point home.

Thanks for sharing your bike.

Buy a Parlee! Everyone in God's green earth own a Trek. I have a Parlee Z3 I just built and Wilier Cento Uno SL. The Parlee is a nicer ride. The Wilier is going to be my rain bike.

You can check my bike out-I just posted it today (see my link in my signature). It's a Z3 that is sub 5kgs.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

sholiday wrote:the corrected weight of the THMs is 612g, and the corrected weight of the SR cranks is 706g

I looked into the THMs. I have a pair of Stork PowerArms SL Standard with KCNC Cobweb 53/39 rings that weigh ~575g on my new Parlee Z3 (check out my build in my signature). I'm in the process of switching them out for a pair of Lightning Compact cranks because they are ~50g lighter (total wt is 524.9g with 50/34 rings!) Even if I change it over to Standard 53/39 Extralite rings I would still save ~40-45g.

Just a thought.

I have a friend with the extralite rings on his moots. It's at my place and I'm using it as a back up bike....
He's 65kgs, they work for him ok... I'm 85kgs and they flex when climbing in the big ring....
I'm gona stick with the Praxis rings cause they work real good... I could drop 20-30g but a 300km+ per week bike needs to shift well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

sholiday wrote:
timintense wrote:love this parlee, its my favourite, looking forward to seeing it with the berk seat/post combo

I just built up a Parlee Z3 with a Berk Saddle/seatpost combo (click on the link in my signature). I have 2 one is 119.5g using nano carbon and the other is 134.4g using standard carbon. They are more comfortable than people think. I was using Fizik K:1s on all my bikes and this is only slightly less comfortable. On long >3hr rides I switch out the post/saddle for the K:1 and Enve seatpost.

Mine isn't for a Parlee, it's for a Cervelo S2, and therefore it will be much heavier, but the comfort level should be similar. I can't wait to ride it. I use a SLR Kit Carbonio Flow currently, so the shape should be pretty similar.