Cervelo RS Giro D'Italia edition

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

plpete

by plpete

Recently I sold my older Scott CR1 and decided to upgrade the frame set. The Scott was also slightly to big for me at 56cm and the new 54cm frame set should fit me much better. I bought the frame set for a great price and it arrived in great shape. I will move pretty much all the parts onto the new frame. Enough talk... here are pics! :thumb:

2009 Cervelo RS Giro D'Italia Edition

Here is the build list:

BRAND PART WEIGHT

Cervelo Frame 1065g
3T Fork 390g
3T Stem 110mm 131g
3T Seat post 188g
??? Seat collar 24g
Specialized Saddle 143mm 184g
3T Handlebar 250g
Fizik Bar tape 63g
Sram Force Shifters 353g
Sram Rival Brakes - Front 144g
Sram Rival Brakes - Rear 141g
Elite Bottle Cages 40g each
Shimano Ultegra Cassette (12-27t) 233g
KMC X10SL Chain ~256g - still needs to be shortened
Sram Rival Front Derailleur 86g
Sram Force Rear Derailleur 170g
Sram Force Bottom Bracket 106g
Sram Force Crank Set 544g
Rotor Q Rings Chain Rings 153g
Bebop Pedals 206g
Neuvation R28 Front Wheel 698g
Neuvation R28 Rear Wheel 953g
Wheel Set Total 1651g
BHS Skewers 44g
Continental Tubes 193g
Conti GP4000s Tires 421g

Total = 7076g / 15.6lbs

Better pics to come!
Last edited by plpete on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Looks nice. And what a sensible bracket for the front mech allowing the use of such a wide range of biggest chainring, says someone who's biggest chainring is a 42.

But I am not sure what that thing is under the light switch.

timzcat

by timzcat

Looks like a Guinness bottle opener. Art on the wall as appears to be old Guinness advertisement :thumbup: :beerchug:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Love the Giro paint job.

My 58cm RS is at 6.99kg with pedals, 2 cages and Garmin

It's on 10spd Centaur with a Record crank, which is probably heavier than your SRAM set up. But I guess my wheels/tyres (Kysrium Premium SL, Veloflex Corsa, Latex Tubes) and brakes (EE) are where I save weight.
Attachments
RS
RS
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Permon

by Permon

bikewithnoname wrote:Love the Giro paint job.

My 58cm RS is at 6.99kg with pedals, 2 cages and Garmin

It's on 10spd Centaur with a Record crank, which is probably heavier than your SRAM set up. But I guess my wheels/tyres (Kysrium Premium SL, Veloflex Corsa, Latex Tubes) and brakes (EE) are where I save weight.

Your weight is really strange to me. I had Cervelo R3 (black) with Campa Chorus and Hyperon (tubular) wheels and the weight was the same as yours....I really cannot understand how You can reach the same weight with such heavy wheels, heavier frame, heavier group..... :roll:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I didn’t weigh everything as it went together but the only WW bits on it are; 43gm skewers (-c.75gms from Chorus?), I-link +mini cables (-c.50gms from Campag), EE brakes (-c.100gms from Chorus), also the Record crank would shave a few more grams.

The post isn’t v light, saddle is a 143 ti toupe , bar is a Team 3T ergonova.

The scale is accurate, I guess your wheel weight savings were cancelled out by the above. That or the larger size RS and R3's aren't very different in weight
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Privateer

by Privateer

Lovely bike, and I quite like the paint job.

I don't mean to be an arsehole, but aside from the limited edition paint job how is this "not an average RS build"?

plpete

by plpete

Valbrona, for me the Rotor Q rings paired with the 12-27t cassette is a perfect combo for riding flats and really excels when climbing. And that "thing" below the light switch is indeed a Guinness bottle opener :mrgreen:

I did some googling on the frame and found this:

I contacted Cervelo and was told that about 250 RS frames were painted like that. 50 went to team and for gifts, 100 to Europe and 100 to North America. Kind of wish the girl came with it :lol:

plpete

by plpete

Privateer wrote:Lovely bike, and I quite like the paint job.

I don't mean to be an arsehole, but aside from the limited edition paint job how is this "not an average RS build"?

Thanks and no worries. The "not average" part is pretty much the paint job. I only rode the bike twice and got several complements and "I've never seen that pain job before" comments. Plus ladies seem to like the pink fork :mrgreen:

plpete

by plpete

Here are some better detail photos of the frame set I took right before the build. It was in great shape with very minimal signs of use. The previous owner took good care of it.

And the awesome pink fork :D Its cut all the way so I will be running a slammed stem.

cazone

by cazone

superb!

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Superb looking frame! Love the colour combination! Guess i'm no longer the only WW member with a pink and white bike :-D

plpete

by plpete

Thanks!

lcoolb wrote:Superb looking frame! Love the colour combination! Guess i'm no longer the only WW member with a pink and white bike :-D

That is a sweet looking Guerciotti!

plpete

by plpete

Well the build is finished! Super stoked to get in a nice 50+ mile ride in tomorrow.

Here are some weight numbers. It's not a WW but I'm happy with the weight. 16.1 lbs with cages and pedals.

Front wheel with tire and tube inflated plus BHS skewer:

Rear wheel with tire and tube inflated plus BHS skewer and 12-27t Ultegra cassette:

Complete frame set minus the wheel set:

Better photos of the whole bike coming tomorrow! Im quite happy with the bike and weight. At some point I might look into some carbon clinchers that may help drop some weight. I've been thinking about the Williams System 38 clinchers. Seem to have pretty good reputation and braking for carbon rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lcoolb

by lcoolb

plpete wrote:Thanks!

lcoolb wrote:Superb looking frame! Love the colour combination! Guess i'm no longer the only WW member with a pink and white bike :-D

That is a sweet looking Guerciotti!

Thanks, i'm looking forward to see the pics of your completed bike!