Crown Race Compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andrewleitch86

by andrewleitch86

I'm a bit stuck here.

I've got a Planet X Pro Carbon SL frame with matching fork and an FSA Orbit CE headset in it. I also have a Cervelo P2C frame with a 3T Funda Pro and Cane Creek headset (can't identify which one). The Cervelo is out of commision right now but I want to put the Funda on the Planet X for now as the fork is nicer than the planet X one.

My question is, how compatible are the crown races? On visual inspection, they seem very similar. There may be a difference in the central angled shelf for centering though.

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry I haven't been able to give a whole lot of information. I've got the fork fitted on the PX now and there's no play, all seems well. I just wanted to check before doing any riding beyond a test ride.

Thanks

euan

by euan

Pretty sure the Cervelo is CC standard IS41 and the Planet X is Campy or IS42 standard. I think they have different internal angles for the race, 36 vs 45

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

astranoc

by astranoc

Planet X SL pro is definitely campy, 45 angle.

andrewleitch86

by andrewleitch86

I took both headsets out, took them to the not so-LBS and got them to change the crown races over. Also managed to swap my 15mm FSA dust cap for an 8mm one :)