slim top cap for cane creek headset ...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Do any exist?

Think in the same vein as the cannondale top cap to the headset assembly ... I would have used it on the cane creek headset but the top cap needs to be stepped on the inside to sit properly. The one that comes with is too tall for how low I want the stem given how much taller my new frames head tube is ... thoughts?
Just ride ..

VTBike

by VTBike

I'm not exactly sure what your talking about - but I'm using a parts of passion carbon topcap that I bought at Fairwheel, which is literally wafer-thin carbon. Fiberlite also makes one. I like the look much better than the large rounded topcaps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fletch62

by fletch62

I presume he means the top headset bearing cover, which are generally 15mm or more.
Flybikes, a BMX company make one of the lowest but dont know if it works with Cane Creek.

hmai18

by hmai18

STARNUT wrote:Cane Creek sells their headset uppers and lowers individually. The upper you're after is SHIS:IS41 - 1-1/8" Cane Creek Integrated Threadless. Or just the IS41 upper. Believe it's a 5mm stack. You should able to replace the bearing, compression ring, and cone for <$30.

Starnut

I believe you should be able to use any cover from a Campagnolo standard headset. I'm currently using one from FSA on my CAAD10.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

itsacarr wrote:Do any exist?

Think in the same vein as the cannondale top cap to the headset assembly ... I would have used it on the cane creek headset but the top cap needs to be stepped on the inside to sit properly. The one that comes with is too tall for how low I want the stem given how much taller my new frames head tube is ... thoughts?

is42 that's what u want, thats what u need.

NGMN

by NGMN

I've been searching for a replacement for my Cyfac, and just ordered an Eastern(like flybikes it's usually used on bmx bikes) IS42, Campy style 45/45 bearing headset. Looks to be about 7-8mm in height. Based on your description of the inside of the bearing cover, that sounds about right; but I'd check on your exact headset type.

Remember Cane Creek is a fairly generic headset description; they make all sorts of headsets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

This might work.....compatible with CAAD10, EVO, etc......may would need to use a cassette spacer below it :noidea:

http://slamthatstem.com/headset-bearing-cover