Riding near Maidenhead/Windsor area?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Hi all,
I've got to spend a week at my company's office in Maidenhead. It's a bad time to be off the bike training-wise, so I'm going to bring my bike and sneak in some rides after work. I can't find any decent info about riding in the area. Does anyone have any recommendations or leads? I really just need some quiet-ish loops for intervals. A hill or two would be nice.

Thanks!

g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Head towards Bourne End, Winter Hill, Marlow, Stokenchurch, nice roads, some hills, you'll enjoy it.

airwise

by airwise

I'm living there right now so if you want to meet up and get some local advice feel free to pm me.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Wouldn't your advice be to stay indoors on the turbo though?

airwise

by airwise

If you've got no choice then make the most of what the area offers. Very short climbs and bumpy roads with lots of thorns and flints. I would definitely recommend big tyres though as a minimum. I rode around here for about fifteen years.

If you want to get fit though yes, I'd recommend staying indoors and using a turbo :wink:

sawyer

by sawyer

loop round Windsor Gt. Park should help - past Savill Centre, down Crimp Hill along past the castle and then south along Shere Road ... then south to Blacknest Road ... London Road and repeat. c.20km loop.

If you get up early the "roads" (i.e. paths) in the Park itself are also good with a few little punchclimbs.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Thanks all! Looks like I might have to stay around Paddington, but if I do get a hotel out near the office I'll check these routes out. Thanks for the offer of rides as well - much appreciated and I'd take you up on it if I had a reliable schedule. Cheers, g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com