question regarding veloflex corsas

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chiltonp

by chiltonp

I have read many favorable reviews on this site, but several of the reviews I have read on other sites indicated that the tire felt very slow. I am looking at picking up a set of nice clinchers and these were on my radar, however I am slow enough and do not need a tire to contribute. :D Thoughts?

Any Corsa riders notice the "slowness"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Some people tend to associate "fast", and "harsh". And some associate comfy, and slow.

I have the Corsas and they feel very comfortable (100/110-115PSI), but certainly not slow.

Louis :)

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

You'd be hard pressed to find a faster tyre especially when you put in a nice latex inner tube.

I've been on Corsa (20 and 22mm) myself occasionally and never thought of them as slow. Far from it.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Robroyski

by Robroyski

LouisN wrote:Some people tend to associate "fast", and "harsh". And some associate comfy, and slow.

I have the Corsas and they feel very comfortable (100/110-115PSI), but certainly not slow.

Louis :)

+1

kgt

by kgt

fdegrove wrote:Hi,You'd be hard pressed to find a faster tyre especially when you put in a nice latex inner tube. I've been on Corsa (20 and 22mm) myself occasionally and never thought of them as slow. Far from it.Ciao, ;)

+100

gospastic

by gospastic

They are definitely not slow.

sgray

by sgray

Not slow, but perhaps a little heavy. As a rule add 10% to Veloflex claimed weight to get the actual weight.

nspace

by nspace

II've read so many good things about these tires. Ordered a set last week in the new 23mm size. Can't wait to try them out!

kgt

by kgt

sgray wrote:Not slow, but perhaps a little heavy. As a rule add 10% to Veloflex claimed weight to get the actual weight.

Heavy?! That's one of the lightest clinchers. Mine weighted 195gr each.

mrfish

by mrfish

They are nice tyres. Very similar to Vittoria 320tpi Corsa CXs, but slimy road performance is as good as Michelins and they are tough enough to ride in winter if you're not afraid of the odd puncture. My tyre of choice.

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Indeed a very good tire. Not at all feeling slow compared to Conti Attack/Force and Vittoria Open Paves.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

redoaker

by redoaker

nspace wrote:II've read so many good things about these tires. Ordered a set last week in the new 23mm size. Can't wait to try them out!

Where did you find the new 23mm size? Have you received them yet?

nspace

by nspace

I should receive them any day now. I noticed on a few online stores (including the Veloflex site) that they have updated the Corsa 22 to 23. I have no idea if there is any difference. I read online someone that some people thought they were just rebadged because the 22's ran wide anyways, but I don't know for sure. When I get them I will report back here and weigh them. May not be able to measure until I get my wheels all built up and tires mounted in a week or so.

I found them at Ribble, but I think I put them out of stock after the order.
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... ELXTYRF350

gospastic

by gospastic

I posted in another thread...but I've measured both my old 22 and the new 23s and they are the same size - right around 22.5mm.

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Brilliant things based on my experiences. Most comfortable tyre I have ever ridden. Good puncture resistance too - 1 or two flats in 4000 ish km on glassy roads. 115psi around town and 150psi on smooth crit track. Enjoy. I

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com