Storck Fenomalist Di2 (New pictures and weight-16 jan. 2013)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Husum

by Husum

My first proper road bike, so be gentle. :wink:

Storck Fenomalist Di2
Di2 group
Mavic Cosmic SLR wheelset with Planet X carbon skewers
Stripped Selle Italia SLR Carbonio saddle
Look Keo 2 Max Carbon pedals
3T Arx Ltd. 100mm stem
3T Ergonova Ltd. 400mm handlebars
3T Doric Ltd. seatpost (ordered)
KMC X10SL Superligt chain (ordered)
Black chaincatcher (ordered) (don't know if I'll use this yet)
Black Lizardskin DSP 2,5 bar tape (ordered)

I just need the last parts to arrive from Germany and the cassette from the seller. Should be ready in a couple of days.
I wanted to kit it out with full Enve and Rotor, but when you are a poor student, you can't get it all. :cry:
Not a pure weight weenie myself (87kg), but still trying to get the bike as close to 6,8kg as possible.

I'm in the search of a couple of good looking bottlecages. I do like the look of the New Ultimate, but they get some mixed reviews.
Any suggestions?

Please don't look at the seatpost and the uncut steerer! :oops:

Sorry about the pictures, I promise to upload professional pictures when it's finished.
Last edited by Husum on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TOflat

by TOflat

Please don't look at the seatpost and the uncut steerer! :oops:

AHH! It's hideous!!

The rest of it is absolutely gorgeous!

JackL

by JackL

POOR student ? :O

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Very nice! But is there a reason you choose blue cables?
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

Husum

by Husum

Nope, not my choice, but sellers. Bought the frame and group "used". He rode it once up Alpe D'Huez and then hang it on the wall. I think it gives the frame some splash of colour along with the blue on the chain- and seatstays, instead of just being a black anonymous blob, so keeping it for now.

gpeterson63

by gpeterson63

kinda disappointing weight on the wheels, no? is that just the bare wheels?

LiveFastRideHard

by LiveFastRideHard

Very sweet ride, like the wheels much better with the sticker off and given your weight I think they were a fine choice!! I think some small dark blue highlights will look nice but don't over do it, let the frame speak for itself. Looking forward to the final build and congrats on the new rig. :beerchug:
Felt DA(RIP), Look 595, Merlin CR Works, Calfee Tetra Pro, Moots Vamoots

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Husum wrote:Nope, not my choice, but sellers. Bought the frame and group "used". He rode it once up Alpe D'Huez and then hang it on the wall. I think it gives the frame some splash of colour along with the blue on the chain- and seatstays, instead of just being a black anonymous blob, so keeping it for now.

Ahh, didn't notice the blue on the chain stays and seat stays. Then it makes more sense :)
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

Husum

by Husum

gpeterson63 wrote:kinda disappointing weight on the wheels, no? is that just the bare wheels?

Started as 1713g, took the yellow Mavic stickers of hubs and rims, ended up at 1686. Could probably end up close to 1600g with the "Cosmic" off aswell. I can live with extra weight. It's clincher for everyday riding and I got them brand new, VERY cheap (1400USD) . I can always get a +1000g tub set if I go riding in the Alpes.

cl9k24la wrote:cut the steering tube and change the stem...otherwise :thumbup:

The steerer tube will be cut when I get the time and the bike is finished. I won't change the stem right away, I took it of one of my track bikes, and it's one of the stiffest I ever ridden.

LiveFastRideHard wrote:Very sweet ride, like the wheels much better with the sticker off and given your weight I think they were a fine choice!! I think some small dark blue highlights will look nice but don't over do it, let the frame speak for itself. Looking forward to the final build and congrats on the new rig. :beerchug:

Thanks man.

tinchy

by tinchy

My first proper road bike, so be gentle...... when you are a poor student, you can't get it all

You are not a poor student dude seriously, Di2 on your first roadie, puhlease! :lol:
From my experience being bitten by the weenie bug whilst stil being in full time study is not a good combo, but you seem to have pulled it off!

Husum

by Husum

Not quite my first road bike, had a R3 before this one for about 2 months, but had to sell because I hated the white colour..

gpeterson63

by gpeterson63

Started as 1713g, took the yellow Mavic stickers of hubs and rims, ended up at 1686. Could probably end up close to 1600g with the "Cosmic" off aswell. I can live with extra weight. It's clincher for everyday riding and I got them brand new, VERY cheap (1400USD) . I can always get a +1000g tub set if I go riding in the Alpes.

I absolutely agree. Everything I've heard from them makes them sound like GREAT wheels, just the fact that they claim them to be 1595 grams and actually come in about 100 grams heavier is a little disappointing. Awesome looking bike with great part choices by the way! :thumbup:

kangaroo

by kangaroo

Looks good!!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Husum

by Husum

The last parts, except the cassette which comes Friday, arrived.

Lizardskin 2,5 DSP, small rubber grommet that was missing
3T Doric 31,6 (Not exactly impressed with the weight, but I'm cutting it a bit down when I find a proper position or I could take my New Ultimate (120grams) from my other bike )
KMC X10SL Superligt Chain (Actually thought this would be lighter, but hey, it's GOLD!)
Tacx Carbongrease
Chaincatcher (Still don't know if I'll use this)
2 bottles (Still need bottleholders)
Tire inlays (Not for this one, but I have put some in, won't compromise with the weight on that point)

"Old" DA chain, could be used for bad weather

Temporary pic, still need to cut steerer tube, seatpost, change some bolts and some other small stuff.

VERY fast weighing with pedals, still needs chain and cassette. The goal is to get it under 7kilograms. As long I weigh what I weigh I'm fine with the extra weight, could definitely be lighter, but with a 57 size frame, Di2, bulky pedals and heavy clincher wheels, I think it's okay for now. The longterm goal is something like 6kg with Rotor and a tub wheelset.

In the future:
Rotor chainset
Ceramic BB
Nokon cables or similar

Should be ready for the upcoming weekend. :D