Fizik Kurve / Seatpost Combination

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markdavidhill

by markdavidhill

I currently have a Kurve on trial from my lbs.

The Kurve didn't fit my existing Easton post and so I decided to invest in the carbon Fizik Cyrano to enable the trial of the Kurve.

The problem lies in the amount of setback on the Cyrano and to achieve the correct saddle position the Kurve is as far forward on the clamp as it will allow. See attached image.

Is that acceptable or do I need a different seat post with less setback?

If I do, which carbon posts will fit a Kurve?

Thank you.
Attachments
photo 2.jpg
Lynskey Sportive Ultegra
Cube Agree GTC Custom 105
Specialized Secteur Comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

droptop

by droptop

How does the curve compare with other saddles? I currently have a fizik Aliante and the Aliante MTB saddle, considering the curve for a new road build.

ajh

by ajh

I have used a Fizik Kurve for some time now. The Kurve bull is the model that you would prefer if you like the aliante. Because there is retry little padding it will be firmer than your current saddle but with the soft inserting will still be just as comfortable.

As for the saddle and Easton posts you would be best with a newer two bolt easton post and may even best off with a zero model. The Fizik post is still nice but they are not very light.

markdavidhill

by markdavidhill

droptop wrote:How does the curve compare with other saddles? I currently have a fizik Aliante and the Aliante MTB saddle, considering the curve for a new road build.

Not benefiting from the expense yet!

Because the saddle is so far forward on the clamp, I don't think the saddle is able to flex as much as it is designed to.
Lynskey Sportive Ultegra
Specialized Secteur Comp

droptop

by droptop

My daily saddle is a brooks team pro, so I'm expecting something firm, with some give. depending on my fit, I might end up going with the chameleon, trying to get my LBS to get the fizik test program so i can test. I normally run 6+ cm of bar drop, even on my commuter. going to get a pro fit to see where i should be, haven't ridden road in a few years, but when i switched bars and lowered my hoods a little more than 2cm, i was immensely more comfortable.

metanoize

by metanoize

14K miles so far with this combo, very comfortable! Yep, I think your saddle is too forward to really get the effect!
Attachments
kurve.JPG

markdavidhill

by markdavidhill

metanoize wrote:14K miles so far with this combo, very comfortable! Yep, I think your saddle is too forward to really get the effect!

That's just what I needed to know. Thanks.

Does the post clamp fit the Kurve rails well? I found a lot of posts didn't fit well, if at all.

Thx.
Lynskey Sportive Ultegra
Specialized Secteur Comp

ajh

by ajh

I have a Kurve on my old single bolt Easton EC90 Setback so it will fit a lot of designs of posts but it takes a lot of work to get there. Any two bolt, the ones with a bolt front and rear should be able to accommodate the slightly higher rails on these saddles. They are no where near as high as the all carbon Fizik rails. They will not fit any post that is designed for round rails only.

Also I have been on a Kurve for a long time and the comfort comes from the rear loop flexing as well as the front part of the rails flexing backwards to create a hammock effect for the saddle. If the saddle has all the rails in the front exposed you would most likely get more comfort from the saddle as the front is able to bend more.

The comfort is in the flex of the saddle shell and rails and not from the 2mm of padding so it can take a little while for your sit bones to adapt to the added pressure. It is not as bad as trying to get used to an Adamo but it is different if you are used to the thick padding of an Aliante.

nspace

by nspace

Can't wait to get this saddle. Just ordered the snake version. Everyone who has done some extended riding on this saddle seems to report back positive thoughts.

I am in the same boat looking for a decent post to fit this saddle. Sounds like top and bottom clamping is a must. As far as I know the Enve post is another option.

droptop

by droptop

Does the tompson style seatclamp work with the kurve?

nspace

by nspace

droptop wrote:Does the tompson style seatclamp work with the kurve?

While I can't say for sure, I do know the Thomson works well with carbon rails, so I would say that it is a pretty good bet that this saddle will work just fine on a Thomson clamp.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

I have used the Fizik braided carbon rails with Thomson posts for the past 3 years with zero issues. I believe the rail dimensions for the Kurve saddles are the same as the braided carbon so Thomson should work fine.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Reviving this thread.

Just got a Kurve and it did not fit very well on my Deda Superlegerro seatpost. It would stay out of one side of the bottom rail when tightened.

Any ideas on the seatpost compatibility?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com