Shimano DURA-ACE 9000 specs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

commfire

by commfire

thisisatest wrote:. yes, shimano is making a bb30 crank. and pinarello is making a bb30 dogma.
the crank has been confirmed by a shimano guy.

First tme i have heard of this? Anyone else know more about the crank set?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikedoc

by bikedoc

i'll be very surprised if theres a BB30 shimano cranks, everything says otherwise.

mgordon

by mgordon

thisisatest wrote:the dogma with da9000 has a bb30 crank. yes, shimano is making a bb30 crank. and pinarello is making a bb30 dogma.
the crank has been confirmed by a shimano guy. probably some news release about it soon, or he wouldnt have given it up so easily.
hint: on the rear derailleur pic, zoom in on the crank/bb area. big bb, but not wide, NO EXTERNAL CUPS, spider is essentially inboard of the outer ring due to all the interior space.

Not so sure I agree with you on this one. Looks like there could be some room for an external BB on there. Also, if that's the new crank - which is supposed to be 4-arm - the arms of the spider don't appear to be 90deg apart - they look very similar to existing cranks.

Thoughts?

spartan

by spartan

cool new toy for di2 groups for 2013

shimano leads the rest follow...

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

mgordon wrote:Not so sure I agree with you on this one. Looks like there could be some room for an external BB on there. Also, if that's the new crank - which is supposed to be 4-arm - the arms of the spider don't appear to be 90deg apart - they look very similar to existing cranks.

Thoughts?

the shimano guy kinda retracted. he now says he cannot say if it is bb30 or not. which to me means it is, or he wouldve stuck to the line that they would never make a bb30 crank. i just hope it's not some convoluted italian version of bb30, mixing imperial measurements and metric (like 68mm shell x 1-3/16"diameter spindle).
having four arms does not mean the arms have to be 90deg apart. could be like an x-wing fighter.
the arms definitely sink in as they approach the bb spindle. the outer ring is actually dished outward to the teeth. current cranks have a dome shape. current spider surrounds and cups over the outboard bearing. the new crank's spider also has a much larger cross section on each arm.
In the end, it might not be bb30, but the overall design is the same as a bb30 system: larger spindle, narrow 68mm (70mm?) shell, pressed in large bearings.
dura ace 9000 resize.jpg

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

compare that photo to this one here

cmh

by cmh

spartan wrote:cool new toy for di2 groups for 2013

shimano leads the rest follow...

Good lord...talk about a gadget I never want on my bike(s).

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

That's for Alfine though, not DA or Ultegra.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

11 speed wheels mentioned. No descriptions of freehub body length.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/s ... look-33204

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Ypsylon wrote:That's for Alfine though, not DA or Ultegra.

It specifically mentions that it's in development for Ultegra Di2 (and presumably DA Di2 when it gets updated cabling):

"Shimano are working on a digital display for both Alfine and Ultegra Di2 which will show gear and battery life."
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/s ... ures-33229

thisisatest, I'm not unconvinced what you're seeing isn't some trickery of light. It's hard to tell, but I can't imagine someone missing something as major as a crank revision.

What I'm always blown away by is that in a world with a camera seemingly attached to nearly every electronic device, and prototype products out and about in public, we end up with three! crappy pictures :evil:

NS

by NS

roselend
Shop Wrench

by roselend

CarbonSportsGmbH on Shimano 11s rear spacing:
CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:As far as we know (we have sample hubs and freehub-bodies from DT in house), Shimano11s will go to 131mm. If you mount an 11s freehub on an originally 10s rear wheel it will be pushed 0.5mm off center.
I could imagine there will be a different plug for the left end of the axle to add another mm - should be no problem for the frames and the wheels stay in the center. But we're still working on that issue, together with DT.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100549&start=30#p864084

ghostrider1tm

by ghostrider1tm

interesting, where did you get this data?

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

thisisatest wrote:
mgordon wrote:Not so sure I agree with you on this one. Looks like there could be some room for an external BB on there. Also, if that's the new crank - which is supposed to be 4-arm - the arms of the spider don't appear to be 90deg apart - they look very similar to existing cranks.

Thoughts?

the shimano guy kinda retracted. he now says he cannot say if it is bb30 or not. which to me means it is, or he wouldve stuck to the line that they would never make a bb30 crank. i just hope it's not some convoluted italian version of bb30, mixing imperial measurements and metric (like 68mm shell x 1-3/16"diameter spindle).
having four arms does not mean the arms have to be 90deg apart. could be like an x-wing fighter.
the arms definitely sink in as they approach the bb spindle. the outer ring is actually dished outward to the teeth. current cranks have a dome shape. current spider surrounds and cups over the outboard bearing. the new crank's spider also has a much larger cross section on each arm.
In the end, it might not be bb30, but the overall design is the same as a bb30 system: larger spindle, narrow 68mm (70mm?) shell, pressed in large bearings.
dura ace 9000 resize.jpg

Based on that picture it's entirely possible that the frame is BB30 and that the team just switched the kind of adapter that they are using - going from a frame adapter to allow a threaded BB cup to something like the Wheels Mfg axel shim...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

look at the bb shell. the spider goes right up against it. the spider is relatively flat, does not "dome" out to make room for bearings or external adapters.
when it is all revealed, i will scream "I told you so" at the top of my lungs, from the highest mountain (on the internet).