US-made handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

Hello All,

Just out of curiosity, can anyone name a road bar (other than enve) that's made in the US?
I'm so rubbish at this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

headwind816

by headwind816

Maybe the discontinued Reynolds ... not sure though :noidea:

em3

by em3

I think all WALD products are still made in Kentucky

http://waldsports.com/index.cfm/handlebars.html

:wink:

EM3

PS- just curious, why are you asking?

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

Wald doesn't seem to make a road bar.

I'm building a new disc road over the next 4 or 5 months and I'm trying to see how much of it can be US made. For now I'm going with a Spooky frame, thomson stem, post, and seat clamp, cane creek bearings, and a SRAM drivetrain (which isn't made in the US but none of the drivetrain options are so oh well).

The wheels will be from November, which is parts from taiwan but built in the US. I know Enve is a good option but that's way out of my price range. Velocity is moving their production to the US but they don't offer a carbon rim.

Fork will be from Enve, they're coming out with a disc road fork in august or july.

That's all I've got so far. Haven't purchased anything yet (except the drivetrain, which is a carryover from my current bike)
I'm so rubbish at this.

gsgrossart

by gsgrossart

I think Zipp still makes their handlebars here, but I could be wrong.

I'm a big fan of their Contour SL road bar (regardless of where it's made).

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

Oh yeah...I completely forgot about Zipp. That could work. If I can't find anything I'll just stick with the PRO Vibe 7s that I've got now.\

What about Easton? I know some of their carbon wheels are from mexico but what about the rest of their stuff?
I'm so rubbish at this.

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

Fairly certain that there is not a single US made handlebar for road bikes (unless you count the guys that are making Ti ones every now and then). Zipp and Enve are both made in Asia (their bars anyway). I believe that Reynolds also made their bars in Asia. If you want to throw down, maybe ask the guys at Dash to make you a set - but they won't be cheap...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

lancejohnson wrote:Fairly certain that there is not a single US made handlebar for road bikes (unless you count the guys that are making Ti ones every now and then). Zipp and Enve are both made in Asia (their bars anyway). I believe that Reynolds also made their bars in Asia. If you want to throw down, maybe ask the guys at Dash to make you a set - but they won't be cheap...

Yeah no dash bars for me. I'll probably either go with a Zipp Service Course CSL or the PRO Vibe 7s depending on what's available once the frame arrives.
I'm so rubbish at this.

rruff
Shop Owner

by rruff

RollingGoat wrote:The wheels will be from November, which is parts from taiwan but built in the US. I know Enve is a good option but that's way out of my price range. Velocity is moving their production to the US but they don't offer a carbon rim.

You could at least get US built hubs...

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

rruff wrote:
RollingGoat wrote:The wheels will be from November, which is parts from taiwan but built in the US. I know Enve is a good option but that's way out of my price range. Velocity is moving their production to the US but they don't offer a carbon rim.

You could at least get US built hubs...

That's true, but neither Chris King nor White Industries make a 24 hole front disc hub, but novatec does. I'm thinking either 38 or 58mm clinchers laced to disc hubs with CX-Rays.
I'm so rubbish at this.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

about the hubs, project321 makes nice hubs, with I9 internals in the rear. they list 28 and 32hole "available now", and on their lefty hub page they mention 24 and 36hole is done on request... they may make some for you. and they come in a ton of colors.

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

Cool project and great choice on wheels! King has indicated that they might do 24 drilling on disc front hubs, but they haven't given a time line.

135 for rear spacing? A 28/28 with Kings would be really nice. 4 spokes with nipples weigh about 20 grams.

I can't help with your bar question. I don't know of any.

ghostrider1tm

by ghostrider1tm

zipp but their carbon sucks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

zipp bars, posts=asia. rims=usa. they dont deny it.