Lapierre xelius FDJ

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

md139

by md139

Hi. I am thinking in buying a Lapierre xelius like the FDJ uses but i don`t know anyone who have a lapierre, what are your opinion about lapierre bikes? The frame is stiff? If you don`t like Lapierre bikes what bike`s brand would you recommend me? If I would buy a Lapierre it would be like this one here, what are your opinions about it?

Lapierre.jpg

Chiva

by Chiva

Light and cheap. Stiff? Most likely stiff enough. Colorado cyclist always has last year's model marked down for cheap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

md139 wrote:Hi. I am thinking in buying a Lapierre xelius like the FDJ uses but i don`t know anyone who have a lapierre, what are your opinion about lapierre bikes? The frame is stiff? If you don`t like Lapierre bikes what bike`s brand would you recommend me? If I would buy a Lapierre it would be like this one here, what are your opinions about it?

Lapierre.jpg

Hi, my girlfriend has Lapierre Xelius 700. It is a small size for me, but I rode the bike.
I liked it very much. The geometry fits, frame is stiff. The quality also seems OK to me. :thumbup: Nice bike.

Geoff

by Geoff

Where are you? I have been after a FDJ bike for quite a few seasons now. I thought I had a deal, but then FDJ could not ship it to me and I had to go to the Service Course to get it. I couldn't do it within their time frame, so I missed. Nice bike. I would be interested if you have a way of getting them to send it to you, or if you are attending the Service Course...

eric01

by eric01

I have a 2010 Xelius frame. Quite happy with it.

Built up with SRAM force/rival mix as a 2nd bike. Frame was 888g, fork uncut was 367g.

Light, stiff enough for me. Certainly more than enough frame for my fitness.
Attachments
lapierre_small.jpg
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

tobyinsydney
in the industry

by tobyinsydney

We recently reviewed a Lapierre Xelius in RIDE Cycling Review - Issue 55

You can read the review via Zinio for free here http://www.zinio.com/pages/RIDECyclingR ... 438/pg-224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or purchase the entire magazine to get the review + build report (and 270 odd pages of racing and product). http://www.zinio.com/browse/issues/inde ... =416212438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Excellent review! It totally agrees with my findings, but I do not have the experience to compare with many other bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com