Campagnolo SR big problems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coolmingli

by coolmingli

Either you have a bad right shifter or I sense troll...

tommasini

by tommasini

coolmingli wrote:Either you have a bad right shifter or I sense troll...

A member who joined in late 2008 and has 323 posts (about 1 every 3 - 4 days) is a troll?

Lighten up - give a hug - and :welcome:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

im betting on the bb cable guide as well.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

What is a troll :noidea:
After the cable change, i am taking the bike out for a spin now, it seems to be a little better.
But i have to do a real road test

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Hi, I don't really have any suggestions that haven't already been mentioned (other than perhaps make sure that your rear wheel is in straight) but I would like to assure you that SR11 is a brilliant thing. I installed mine myself and have been really really happy with it. Snappy, crisp and accurate shifting.

If you need copies of the shifter/derailleur manuals, let me know and I'll do my best to scan them through (if my wife hasn't hidden them from me).

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
I

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Is the cassette torqued up correctly on the freehub? A loose cassette casette can cause shifting probs. Similar to the suggestion of checking that the freehub mounted correctly/firmly onto the hub.

marko

by marko

Is that pic correct? It should have enough to lift 1 kg? Seems alot.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

marko wrote:Is that pic correct? It should have enough to lift 1 kg? Seems alot.

Lifted straight from the 2012 Campy Tech manual.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

marko

by marko

So let's have a rear derailluer weight lifting contest :shock:

Rumsas

by Rumsas

I think i have found the problem. I bought one of these Image and after i put on the original Cannondale hanger, it seems to shift better, still has a bad sound, but maybe it is because the RD was used to 10s.
Lets see in a couple of weeks.

Again thanks for all your help, you are the coolest of cool

toofine

by toofine

This is going back a few years, but I seem to remember that 1st generation SR11 cassettes were shipped with an improper spacing. There was actually a fix for this that was available through Campy distributors. Is your cassette new-old stock?

tommasini

by tommasini

toofine wrote:This is going back a few years, but I seem to remember that 1st generation SR11 cassettes were shipped with an improper spacing. There was actually a fix for this that was available through Campy distributors. Is your cassette new-old stock?

1st gen spacing is 2.2mm cog to cog to cog. Then along the way they discovered a need to have one of the spacers at 2.3mm, Don't know why that tiny, tiny bit seemed needed (4/1000 of an inch). I've got some cassettes with 2.2 throughout and some with that 2.3. Don't notice a difference - can't think anyone else could either.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

The RD spring was also uprated soon after the initial release. Don't think this applies to the OP as he seems to have problems going up and down the cassette.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

tommasini wrote:
1st gen spacing is 2.2mm cog to cog to cog. Then along the way they discovered a need to have one of the spacers at 2.3mm, Don't know why that tiny, tiny bit seemed needed (4/1000 of an inch). I've got some cassettes with 2.2 throughout and some with that 2.3. Don't notice a difference - can't think anyone else could either.

I'm very curious about this one. Which spacer is bigger? Are you saying there isn't uniform spacing between all the cogs?

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

natiedean24 wrote:I'm very curious about this one. Which spacer is bigger? Are you saying there isn't uniform spacing between all the cogs?

It's the spacer that fits in front of the first cluster of sprockets. It's got flanges on it and looks completely different compared to the "standard" 2.2mm spacers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com