Lapierre xelius FDJ

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

md139

by md139

Hi. I am thinking in buying a Lapierre xelius like the FDJ uses but i don`t know anyone who have a lapierre, what are your opinion about lapierre bikes? The frame is stiff? If you don`t like Lapierre bikes what bike`s brand would you recommend me? If I would buy a Lapierre it would be like this one here, what are your opinions about it?

Lapierre.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chiva

by Chiva

Light and cheap. Stiff? Most likely stiff enough. Colorado cyclist always has last year's model marked down for cheap.

Permon

by Permon

md139 wrote:Hi. I am thinking in buying a Lapierre xelius like the FDJ uses but i don`t know anyone who have a lapierre, what are your opinion about lapierre bikes? The frame is stiff? If you don`t like Lapierre bikes what bike`s brand would you recommend me? If I would buy a Lapierre it would be like this one here, what are your opinions about it?

Lapierre.jpg

Hi, my girlfriend has Lapierre Xelius 700. It is a small size for me, but I rode the bike.
I liked it very much. The geometry fits, frame is stiff. The quality also seems OK to me. :thumbup: Nice bike.

Geoff

by Geoff

Where are you? I have been after a FDJ bike for quite a few seasons now. I thought I had a deal, but then FDJ could not ship it to me and I had to go to the Service Course to get it. I couldn't do it within their time frame, so I missed. Nice bike. I would be interested if you have a way of getting them to send it to you, or if you are attending the Service Course...

eric01

by eric01

I have a 2010 Xelius frame. Quite happy with it.

Built up with SRAM force/rival mix as a 2nd bike. Frame was 888g, fork uncut was 367g.

Light, stiff enough for me. Certainly more than enough frame for my fitness.
Attachments
lapierre_small.jpg
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

tobyinsydney
in the industry

by tobyinsydney

We recently reviewed a Lapierre Xelius in RIDE Cycling Review - Issue 55

You can read the review via Zinio for free here http://www.zinio.com/pages/RIDECyclingR ... 438/pg-224" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or purchase the entire magazine to get the review + build report (and 270 odd pages of racing and product). http://www.zinio.com/browse/issues/inde ... =416212438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Excellent review! It totally agrees with my findings, but I do not have the experience to compare with many other bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com