2012 Felt F3 got the razor blade treatment... Pics on page 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

KevinGnar wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:
OwenN wrote:You think that carbon bar is heavy... You should see the alloy one that came off my F5. It's nearly a full pound. My fork is also a pig at 374g, cut a good bit shorter than yours (smaller frame).

I like your build. The grey/silver accents on the frame look smart.

And thanks for posting the weight of that crank. I may get one as it will save me ~100g over my old style S900 setup.

Sorry, I overlooked this post on my phone. Thanks for the compliments and so far I'd definitely recommend the crank setup! At first I was dead set on replacing it with RED, but the more I thought about the versatility of it, then knowing the weight was within 20-30g, I decided against it... at least until I get the urge for NEW red.

I have a Hollowgram SL on the way that I can't use...

Are you getting "jeopardy theme music" in the back of your head waiting for carbon goodies like I am?

I am now, thanks :|

...don't taunt me with the hollowgram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

nice bike, i really like the new felts.

fork-weights often are incorrect, the same with my isaac (claimed something like 330 gramm, real about 400!)

thats, why i am thinking about a 3t rigida team or ltd fork-in the hope, that this brands weight-information is proper.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The bike descends like a dream though and the front end inspires a lot of confidence. If that costs me 50g in the fork I'll take it. :)

Krull

by Krull

of course, 50, or 100, or 300 gramm less wont make you faster. its just for settling ones mind, more a
question of taking pleasure in consumption than a sportive necessity. this hardly needs mentioning. :wink:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Agreed! I have to say that so far I'm having as much fun modifying and tweaking little bits as I have riding the bike... which is a potentially dangerous fascination.

Through some digging/reading last night I got a bit fascinated with the idea of a fork with better aero properties - which would also open the door to potentially get something lighter. The thing is though, this fork seems relatively "bladed" and is much flatter than the fork on my Tarmac, for example... then there's finding a fork that would match :|

My hope is that with some carbon wheels I'll get under the 6.8kg mark and hopefully that will slow my fascination with lightening for awhile... at least until I can replenish some funds :)

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Antares Braided showed up today

And the bike isn't super clean - but it's not raining so I figured I'd take a few photos

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

How can your bike be so classy looking, but you still have your Christmas lights up? Those are like 2 polar opposites.

You'll have to bring that bike back into the shop when I'm out of zombie mode so I can check out the saddle.

Current weight?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

KevinGnar wrote:How can your bike be so classy looking, but you still have your Christmas lights up? Those are like 2 polar opposites.

You'll have to bring that bike back into the shop when I'm out of zombie mode so I can check out the saddle.

Current weight?

I live in a duplex owned by the neighbors - the lights are theirs... I'm not pleased about it.

I'm about 172... oh, you mean the bike. I'll have to bring it into the shop when you're out of zombie mode to find out ;)

I'd like to wait until we have some carbon goodness to throw on it though because I know it's over 6.8kg right now and that just won't do!

Oh, and we need veloplugs.

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

What size are our holes?

I'll grab new bulk pricing on veloplugs between stages of consciousness and eating peoples hearts out.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

KevinGnar wrote:What size are our holes?

I'll grab new bulk pricing on veloplugs between stages of consciousness and eating peoples hearts out.

Well your hole is giant from what I hear.

We need red plugs.

So opinion time; kill the wheel graphics or leave them?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The Rav X are 28g each IIRC and they were $40 shipped for the pair :wink:

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

Leave the "grffix". It's way more hardcore. I think the wheels would look a bit cheap if you peeled the stickers.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I need to change something!!!

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

Change something on your MTB? Your F3 changes are half-way finished.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com