26mm carbon drop handlebars weight weenie options please?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dallaghan

by dallaghan

Good Evening,

Any thoughts on this. I am still rocking the syntace f99 and see very little reason to change although a recent cleat based mishap has made me question the wisdom of continuing with my 2008 Easton ec90 slx bars. Any ideas on bar available at present 200 grams or hopefully 185 like the ec90's!

MARTIN
Many Thanks

Martin Dallaghan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

Schmolke
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Martin1977

by Martin1977

Schmolke and AX lightness are two I know of.

BmanX

by BmanX

I am exactly of the same thinking you are. I have two pairs of the Easton Equipe 26.0 bars and love them matched up with my F99 stem.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Camilo

by Camilo

BmanX wrote:I am exactly of the same thinking you are. I have two pairs of the Easton Equipe 26.0 bars and love them matched up with my F99 stem.

I have the exact bars and stem (105mm) and haven't been able to find an alternative bar I like as well.

BmanX

by BmanX

Well we will have to suffer one day. I am having good luck with my EDGE stem and drop bars on my English build.

One day I will have to change up to 31.8 but I hope not. I have a spare pair just in case I crash and if I see another pair pop up on Ebay I will buy it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Any thoughts on this. I am still rocking the syntace f99 and see very little reason to change although a recent cleat based mishap has made me question the wisdom of continuing with my 2008 Easton ec90 slx bars. Any ideas on bar available at present 200 grams or hopefully 185 like the ec90's!

I have this exact combo on one of my bikes. What was the problem with the bars? You damaged them? they failed?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

theremery

by theremery

F99 and easton EC 90=flex monster. It was one of the few combos I ever thought "nope....just too much flex".
The schmolke TLO (the light one) is just what it's name suggests. Note: It is NOT a schmolke TCO (the cheap one) at all, however ;)
Ketsrel used to do a light 26 too (cheap too!)
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

BmanX

by BmanX

Maybe not a race day set up like you have mentioned but I have never had any issue riding this set up for hundreds of hours.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

dallaghan

by dallaghan

Thanks guys, to be honest the bike felt odd after the crash, which on inspection by myself and a couple of bike shops resulted in the consensus being that the bars might be best binned. No actual cracks or damage were visible. No additional flex... However about 3 weeks ago the left hand look blade carbon pedal body popped off the axel while riding - scary ! Then a week later a crack appeared in the pivot area for the "blade" So I think the instability and uncertainty I have felt was probably down to this imminant failure - full circle perhaps this fault was on the way in the first place causing the original crash - not having much look with look's top of the range road pedals to be honest my keo ti's had some issues.

Martin
Many Thanks

Martin Dallaghan

dallaghan

by dallaghan

But I bought a spare 26 mm easton ec90 slx anyway :-)
Many Thanks

Martin Dallaghan

sgray

by sgray

Kestrel EMS SL comes in around 185g depending on width.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Its been years since I used the kestrel sl bars but from what I remember they were none too stiff.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com