Isaac Sonic 09

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

woodys737 wrote:I'm interested. First time I've come across this thread. I bought a SRAM S900 (130mm) as it is compatible with Quark power meter systems. I have a Powertap now and would like to go with crank powermeter system that is more affordable than SRM. Getting closer to pulling the trigger on Quark but maybe I should research Power2Max? Wonder if the S900 crank would work? Don't see why not.

it would work-they are offering the S900-crank in their product-line.

so, you could send your crank to p2m. they make it compatible to the p2max-spider.

the only "problem" with p2max: no long-time-experiences. its available since just half a year.

but, so far, i didnt hear of any problems with the system (there is a long thread in german "tour-forum" concerning p2max-experiences)

http://www.power2max.com/power2max.php

HWWilson wrote:Liking this a lot. I saw your other Isaac build whilst trawling through the gallery. What did you transfer across to this frame? Stem, seatpost, and saddle?

hi,
i transfered everything, except the crankset. but i am although still riding a sonic-limited, with dura ace and powertap.
i am using it for racing (senior 2-class, ok for carbon-frames :D )

@ 5 Nm: you are right-the chain is a little bit to long-i made it like this, because i am still not shure about riding the bike with 50/34 or 52/36. but i think, i will go for 50/36, which appears to me as ideal for long mountain-climbs.
sorry vor mai bed englisch!

by Weenie

Krull

by Krull

two more notes:

weight of the bike: 6.5 kg (14,3 lbs), with edge 500, pedals and bottle cages.

creaking isaac-dropouts:

1. the screws, connecting dropouts and frame, are not always perfectly fixed-the first thing should be to check the screw-connection in this area.

2. isaac dropouts obviously need strong quick-releases-with those of american classic, my isaac is creaking like hell, with those of tune or mavic, there is quietness! :D

Krull

by Krull

little update: i replaced the speedneedle with my slr. best idea since long time: i am sitting much more relaxed with the slr.
Last edited by Krull on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Krull

by Krull

after changing from speedneedle to selle italia slr, i decided to change the saddle again: i reactivated my selle san marco era k. i am using this saddle although on my winter-bike (yes, winter is going to start in germany :) ), and it feels so great, that i decided to install it on my isaac-summer-bike as well.
i think, this saddle is a good choice for friends of slender saddles.
and, by the way, it looks really nice.
but no weight-weenie: 100 gramm more than the slr 135 gr.
Last edited by Krull on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krull

by Krull

some changes of seat-position changed the appearance of my sonic quite a lot:

-fulfilling to my long legs, i moved the saddle about 1 cm to the back
-i changed to a handle-bar with 2,3 cm less reach
-more saddle-to-bar-heigth by using a -17 degree-stem
Last edited by Krull on Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krull

by Krull

with fulcrum rs. weight, now uci-legal, 6,8 kg. :D

Krull

by Krull

to those, who get lost in this topic: i would not recommend the (pictured) saso bottle-cages. just changed them, because i noticed them being just before breaking (cracks>unstable).
they have been less than one year in use.
i heard about this problem of many other fellows, so i would not recommend this cages, even, if you can get them very favorable.
best regards

kgt

by kgt

Those wheels are way better! I would suggest you to try removing the red stripe from your stem. Others have done it with acetone if I remember wright.

Krull

by Krull

kgt wrote:Those wheels are way better! I would suggest you to try removing the red stripe from your stem. Others have done it with acetone if I remember wright.

i absolutely agree, the red stripe incommodes. i try the aceton, thanks for your advice. :)

the wheelset originally is thought for my tt. but, thats the way, i see it also, it goes nice with the isaac as well.

...and sorry for the picture-quality...terrible, i know.

Krull

by Krull

Couldnt resist to equip my isaac with a light 3t-rigida-team-fork. good new option for isaac-users, who wish a lighter fork. there are very few forks with 1 1/8-1 1/4 diameter available. i think, the 3t goes quite nicely with the isaac frame, and it saves, all in all, ca 150 gramm.
Last edited by Krull on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

good looking bike right here
Krull wrote:with fulcrum rs. weight, now uci-legal, 6,8 kg. :D

Krull

by Krull

Rumsas wrote:good looking bike right here

thank you. i just cant get accustomed to the -17° stem.

Krull

by Krull

now with prologo scratch pro nack (fantastic saddle!) and thomson masterpiece.

the reynolds kom wheelset pictured above is going to be sold.

unstable nonsense-wheelset, a spoke fractured at one of my important races this year. :(

Last edited by Krull on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

tigoose

by tigoose

Nice bike which ever way you build it...however with white forks it looks very clean.

by Weenie

Krull

by Krull

Thank you. The build will probably stay like this now. Seat-position is perfect, and i like the appearance with the thomson-parts best.
Sometime, one should let it be. :wink: