Not many Lapierre bikes here...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

WasFab

by WasFab

mgrennie wrote:So here's my Xelius FDJ...

much better with the flat stem than raised up..!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hna

by hna

kgt wrote:I find Lapierre frames really simple but sophisticated. Something like the european Trek in my mind. I also like the red/white/blue/carbon look.

Trek is sophisticated?

kgt

by kgt

Yes... I know... I am not a Trek fan at all. But I think Trek bikes as sophisticated technically while having a low profile look. That's what I find common to Lapierre bikes. They do not seem like anything "special" but they are very well engineered.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

This is my first carbon frame, but for me the high-modulus layup is perfect. My favorite pair of skis to play on have a carbon core, and I love them because of their 'pop'. I have the same feeling on this frame. I can push it hard into corners, and it springs out the other side. I need to be careful on fast descents, because if I hit a dip it gives back as much energy as it gets. I couldn't be happier.

szaffiri

by szaffiri

Nice Bike! I just picked up a Xelius 400 FDJ yesterday. I got the frameset, seatpost, and bottom bracket for $400!

kgt

by kgt

Wow! That is the ultimate value for money :thumbup:

waypastfast

by waypastfast

mgrennie wrote:Here's the bike with my hillclimb cassette, new bars, saddle, and topper.

What kind of topper did you replace the factory one with? The factory one seems quite heavy to me!

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Woodman IT.

I had actually stripped the threads on the stock topper, which I had always hated, so I had to buy a new one. half the weight, easier to install, and better looking.

Only problem is the Woodman puts the saddle rails about 30mm lower than the original. I had cut down gradually over months to make sure I didn't take too much off, planning on buying a new topper, but never did. It turned out that my last off-cut could be placed right back on to hold the Woodman at its min insertion line.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

Got some Red shifters from here, a deal on an OE rear derailleur, and leftover FSA FD.

I don't have a bike scale, but my crappy bathroom scale puts me at mid to lower 14lb. With Cosmic Carbone powertap!

Still having trouble with picture posting (next time will use lower camera resolution).
Bike w Red April.JPG

irf3

by irf3

Bike looks great but there's no way it's under 14lbs.

mgrennie

by mgrennie

irf3 wrote:Bike looks great but there's no way it's under 14lbs.

I hadn't said "under 14 lbs", yet. I still can't find a bike scale at a price that make it worth buying. But my bathroom scale was still right at 14 lbs with my newest addition:
Bike w FN brakes.jpg

This still is with my Cosmic carbone pro rim on powertap rear wheel.

ozdavo

by ozdavo

mgrennie wrote: I still can't find a bike scale at a price that make worth buying

Plenty on eBay for a few bucks

mgrennie

by mgrennie

ozdavo wrote:
mgrennie wrote: I still can't find a bike scale at a price that make worth buying

Thanks! Got one on the way.

53x12

by 53x12

ozdavo wrote:

Any idea how accurate it is?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

ozdavo

by ozdavo

53x12 wrote:
ozdavo wrote:

Any idea how accurate it is?

With my frame it showed 0.94kg, same frame on this cheap digital scale I use for parts which showed 943.9g, so I believe it is within (or close enough to) its 10g accuracy claim.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com