GP Force as a front tire?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wizzo

by Wizzo

Running the last few months on Grand Prix 24 for my training/racing tires, I love the wider profile of the tire. I wanted to know if anyone has experiment with using the GP Force Rear Specific tire as a front? Would it give me less traction in the front or will be behave just like any other slick tire?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

While I have only ever used Attack/Force the way they are supposed to, I don't think there would be a problem. Roads here are smooth enough for a 22mm front though.

Anyway why not just run 25mm GP 4000S? What would you do with the spare Attacks, or are Force/Attack sold separately where you are?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SDP

by SDP

if you like these 24s just buy a pr of "GRAND PRIX" folding 24s ..i have some on my spinergys & they are sweet ..very comfy ..

Wizzo

by Wizzo

wassertreter wrote:While I have only ever used Attack/Force the way they are supposed to, I don't think there would be a problem. Roads here are smooth enough for a 22mm front though.

Anyway why not just run 25mm GP 4000S? What would you do with the spare Attacks, or are Force/Attack sold separately where you are?

Living in San Francisco and training in the North Bay, roads vary from baby butt smooth to fire roads and 22mm widths are pretty skinny, though installed on my HED Belgians would make the profile better. As for GP4000S I have used them for the last year and I wanted to try new tires. I actually went on a binge and bought several sets of tires and I wanted to test new ones and also configurations. In California ,or the US in general, we can buy the Attack and Force separately or as a set.

SDP wrote:if you like these 24s just buy a pr of "GRAND PRIX" folding 24s ..i have some on my spinergys & they are sweet ..very comfy ..

I concur because I do too have the Grand Prix 24s and they are great. However I just wanted to test if the Force on both ends will have some or any type of difference. However I am trying to find out if it is ok to use the Force as a front and see who else has thought of experimenting.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

I'm thinking of splitting two pairs and using the Attacks on my Reynolds SDV66 wheels for aerodynamics and the Forces on Dura-Ace C24 clinchers for low rolling resistance and comfort.

rruff
Shop Owner

by rruff

I put the Attack on the rear... I don't think you will experience anything funny with a Force on the front.

Geoff

by Geoff

I had a bunch of these from the old Phonak days. I have been using them for a 'test' of clinchers. The Force wear way faster so I ended-up with an odd mix of fronts and rears. I had a pair of Force and a pair of Attacks on at different times without noticing anything odd.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

A pair of Force works well. They're a bit more supple than the GP24s.

Personally, I ride Vit Open Pave 24s now as I think the ride is even better.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

I happen to have GP 24s on both my bikes right now, front and rear. I don't even know they were supposed to be "rear specific". Love them!
I also use the GP4000s 25mm frequently.
I actually think the 23mm are a little too skinny, but use them also.