New Dash Hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Not sure if you guys saw this yet, but Dash came out with a couple new hubs. http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/11/07/dash-cycles-debuts-two-new-ultralightweight-user-friendly-road-hubs/
Have many people here used Dash in the past? I saw a couple write ups, but not much info is out on them. Seriously thinking about making an ultra light set of wheels with the Olga/Peggy hubs with a triplet rear. I'm sure I could do sub 950g pretty easy without anything else real special. You guys have any thoughts or comments?

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

Well, we have them but we have not sold any sets. Unfortunately I have yet to ride any of their products either (other than their saddles). I am looking forward to building a set up though. The Peggy/Olga look like great hubs and I can't wait to get out and test them for myself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

I like the black ano finishes of the ones on your website. They are really slick looking hubs. Do you happen to know what the axles are made out of? At the weight, I would probably guess carbon.

metanoize

by metanoize

Here is some cool details posted several days ago

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95381&p=812473&hilit=RAR#p812291

donald

by donald

I have over 1,200 miles on my dash hubs with no problems, and I don't expect any. Also, Weston is a great guy to deal with. I hope they develop more products, perhaps seat posts and stems.

Cento

by Cento

Donald,,do you have the Mira/Veronica hubs? Im scared to death to use my new Enve sets with this hubs its freacking insane light,so far I only have 60 miles on it,,
donald wrote:I have over 1,200 miles on my dash hubs with no problems, and I don't expect any. Also, Weston is a great guy to deal with. I hope they develop more products, perhaps seat posts and stems.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Just ride it.

donald

by donald

I can't remember for sure, but I think my 2011 year model hubs are F. Edna 27.6 grams and R. Gretchen 93.7 grams. They both have full ceramic bearings. The names are not important to me, I just wanted the best uber light hubs I could get. I would recommend them to anyone.

fallen86

by fallen86

I've never even heard of those! and the weights! HOLY CRAP?

ticou

by ticou

They were used on the world's lightest bike- 2.7kg-when I find the link I'l post it. It was made using non available to the public Formula 1 carbon, and was a snip at $50,000.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

donald wrote:I can't remember for sure, but I think my 2011 year model hubs are F. Edna 27.6 grams and R. Gretchen 93.7 grams. They both have full ceramic bearings. The names are not important to me, I just wanted the best uber light hubs I could get. I would recommend them to anyone.

How do they ride now Donald? How many miles on them? Have you had to adjust them or do any maintenance?

Epic-o

by Epic-o

donald wrote:I can't remember for sure, but I think my 2011 year model hubs are F. Edna 27.6 grams and R. Gretchen 93.7 grams. They both have full ceramic bearings. The names are not important to me, I just wanted the best uber light hubs I could get. I would recommend them to anyone.

Ceramic races also in the bearing that it's next to the freehub pawls?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So do we have a long term report on these? How stiff are they compared to an Alchemy ELF/ORC or DT240 set?

Anyone? It would be good if the Mira/Veronica combo was available as hubs only too.

Cento

by Cento

Im sure they sell hubs only www.dashcycles.com,, I rode my enve set with these hubs yesterday, put 80 miles on it, ran everything like road bumps,shallow pathhole,some tree branches and other debris, a bit worried when I checked after the ride but none major issues, looks solid still.i'll keep on using these wheels up to 1K miles then I’ll post a report again..so far very happy..
dereksmalls wrote:So do we have a long term report on these? How stiff are they compared to an Alchemy ELF/ORC or DT240 set?

Anyone? It would be good if the Mira/Veronica combo was available as hubs only too.

mambocat

by mambocat

Last week we got to test ride some of the dash Maria/Monica hubs with Mercury rims. The set weighed 1080g and they are pretty aero. I really enjoyed them.
We also did a little review of them on our blog if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.cyclingtechblog.com/2012/04/02/dash-and-mercury-light-weigh-aero-wheels/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com