Elite Water bottle ?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Does anyone know an U.S. online place to get the Hygene water bottle from Elite.

They don't seem to have a big presents in the U.S.. Everyone has their bottle cages, but no one has thier bottles/ (at least in my area)

Please help.
The ones I want are in the attached picture (550ml preferred).
Attachments
elite-corsa-hygene-550ml.jpg
elite-hygene-corsa-bottle-550-ml-IMG22858CLRELITE_L.jpg
elite-hygene-corsa-bottle-550-ml-IMG22858CLRELITE_L.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 2825 times

jdp211

by jdp211

I think Big Bang Bikes in Pittsburgh has them. Might be able to order by phone, dunno about online though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I know you said US Online but why not just order from PBK?

carbon2329

by carbon2329

That might be what I do. PBK has been a pretty good online dealer in the U.S.

I assume these bottle are soft and not too stiff. (if that makes sense). The Elite bottles I have used in the past have always been really soft, which I like.

Any others?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I don't have experience with the Elite bottles, but either Tacx Shiva or Clean Bottles are both really nice imho.

:beerchug:

LittleSprinter

by LittleSprinter

IMO, they are terrible if they are the crash proof bottles, they leak really bad. They are design to pop if they are run over, so the cap has a screw interface as well as a snap on portion that is design to pop off if you run over it. Its a great concept except the "safety" cap leaks no matter what.
Last edited by LittleSprinter on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I used the Bajiji bottle for years.

The dual cam/screw top is convineint in a few ways. I used them for years and had good luck with them. No leaking top, but I imagine (because of the design) there may be others who did have leaky tops.

quattrings

by quattrings

Was planning on picking up a couple of these bottles as well. So do they leak or don't they, more feedback wanted please.
Thanks

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I used them for years (the Bajiji ones) that have the same type of screw/flip top and I never had an issue.
Maybe I was lucky. That is why I am getting the new ones. :noidea:

I used the ones below, from 2004-2009.
Attachments
elite-bajiji-bottle-500ml.jpg

Voye

by Voye

I use the Elite bottles right now and pretty happy with both. No leaks, nicely flexible and a good flow without the need for a huge amount of pression. I have the Elite and the Camelback and find the Elite as nice and easier to squeeze...my 2 cents. Got mine for Ribbles in the UK as well since they are hard to impossible to find around here.

Cheers,

Rippin

by Rippin

@ carbon2329

I have the exact Elite Hygene bottles that you're planning on getting.
I've had had no problems with leaking caps, but I rarely fill the bottles right to the top.

The bottle is a bit stiffer than most bottles that I've tried. Takes a bit more pressure to squeeze. Depending on your bottle cages, they might be more difficult to slide in and out because they don't compress as easily.

I used to have these bottles combined with Arundel Mandible cages and I found the fit too tight. I've since switched to Tune bottle cages and now the fit between the two are perfect for me.

It would have been more cost effective for me to change the bottles and not the cages, but I really like the fact that on a hot day my water doesn't taste or smell like plastic.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Would other models be any different, in terms of "squeezability".

Would these (in picture) be any softer, or are they the same just different colors etc...
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
elite-bottles11.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com