What is everyone weighing in at?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

majklnajt

by majklnajt

ACDC wrote:That is my morning weight, after a toilet stop and before breakfast, weigh in once a week the same day/time every week. Not sure I have any pics of me that would show my physique well, I am quite lean at the minute and hoping to trim off just a little bit more body fat before my first event in April but it means an even more carefully controlled diet which ties in with my current training.

Thanks!
May I ask you what/how do you eat during rest days?

I loose weight during training days, but on rest days, the weight comes back. Not all, but enough that bothers me.
Am I doing something wrong? And what?
During training days, I wake up with 68,5 kg. After the rest day, 71 kg... :?

ACDC

by ACDC

Currently on a training day I aim for about 2.5g/lb of carbs and 0.5g/lb of protein which equates to approx 2700k/cal with c/p/f ratios of 65/13/22%. However on long days where I'm on the bike for 5-7hrs I can expect to put away at least 3500k/cal.

More realistically though I am happy to fall within c/p/f ranges of between 40-80% carbs, 10-25% protein & 20-40% fats. I usually have 2 rest days a week with at least 1 complete day off the bike and basically cut my intake by about 10%. I try to eat most of my carbs in the AM at least 75% and then less as the day goes on. I also shoot for a deficit of a max of 500k/cal a day which is usually less, this ensures that I loose no more than 1/2 lb of body fat and nothing else per week.

I wouldn't get too hung up on your weight during rest days and I don't think it's a good idea to weigh in every day as you will soon notice huge variations in weight from day to day :? A lot of this weight will come from water stored with the glycogen and this does not reflect changes in body composition. I may weigh myself a few times a week before a workout and again straight after just to make sure I have taken enough water and that's it.

I use a Tanita body composition monitor/scales which has been a great help, yes I know they are not completely accurate (as I believe only to about 4-6% accurate) it shows my b/f to be 5.2% which is more likely to be in the region of about 8-9%, but they are consistent as long as you are consistent with your weigh ins. For instance I can now plot my weight loss and muscle mass on a graph and it shows that I although I am still loosing weight (slowly) I am loosing only a very slight amount of lean tissue i.e. muscle and especially over the last few weeks I have lost only body fat :thumbup:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
Michael Jordan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Thank you ACDC!

I will go the same route as you. Weigh myself once a week and cut food on rest days.
I lacked discipline on rest days.... I was craving for food... :?

Edit
Training days nutrition:
Breakfast, around 900 kcal - oatmel, corn and/or rice flakes, 1 banana, raisins, a litlle soy or almond milk, water
lunch, around 700 kcal: rice or pasta
on the ride: banana, corny bars (after 45 min. and every 45 min., depends how long the ride was)
after workout, around 400 kcal: 1-2 bananas, dates, raisins, honey, 2-3 cookies, yam, agave nectar
dinner, around 300 kcal: salad with 50-100 gr. of tuna or 2-3 eggs (one yolk) or mozarella

Rest days: I tried the same as training days, but cut on calories. First mistake was that I had only 500 kcal for breakfast! And the day went up with calories..........

ACDC

by ACDC

Check out these books, along with some online info they have been a great help to me.

The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean

The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes by Biju Thomas & Allen Lim

Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance by Matt Fitzgerald

Food for Fitness: Eat Right to Train Right by Chris Carmichael
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
Michael Jordan

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Ok, Thanks! :thumbup:

johnsonj718

by johnsonj718

5'9" at 156lbs

MrSkinny

by MrSkinny

1.75m
56kg

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Wow, you are like Jani Brajkovic ;)

LeePaton

by LeePaton

180cm
75kg
Shall be recording FTP later this week when my first power meter arrives.

Looking to drop 5kg as well as long as I can keep the power up.

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

174cm
53kg
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

Frankie13

by Frankie13

5.8 ft
136 lbs

ianeire

by ianeire

182cm
75/6 kg

Down from 100kg in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Registering just to post in this thread.

Weight Weenie-ism at it finest :lol:

lcoolb

by lcoolb

172cm
69kg
Not the body type for climbing, i know. Any less than this and my wife will divorce me ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Tinea,
I do what I can... 8) I've been stalking you all for a while now , finally jumped in.
MB
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...