Who likes or rides classic bikes?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

My Colnago Master only sees fair weather.
Attachments
P0000922_mod.JPG
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

stella-azzurra wrote:My Colnago Master only sees fair weather.
Why? It's a bike, ride it!!

Chris Evans paid more than £5m for this Ferrari 250 California, one of only 55 ever built. He let Top Gear's James May drive it recently and he got it wet too!

markc

by markc

Late 1970s. Look pedals obviously not period correct :-)

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Lovely... :thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

ultimobici wrote:

Chris Evans paid more than £5m for this Ferrari 250 California, one of only 55 ever built. He let Top Gear's James May drive it recently and he got it wet too!

Why don't you ask Chris Evans to drive his Ferrari 250 California. See what he says. :noidea: :lol:

By the way I do ride my colnago master but only is good weather as in no rain or snow.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

RollingGoat
Shop Wrench

by RollingGoat

While not classic bikes in particular, I do have a huge soft spot for steel bikes as a whole.

Terrible picture of my cross bike, but it's the only one I've got:
Attachments
Memphis.jpg
I'm so rubbish at this.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

stella-azzurra wrote:
ultimobici wrote:

Why don't you ask Chris Evans to drive his Ferrari 250 California. See what he says. :noidea: :lol:

By the way I do ride my colnago master but only is good weather as in no rain or snow.
Was just ribbing you. But there would be a couple of issues with me driving it.
1. I don't know Chris Evans
2. No Licence. I ride everywhere.

Pretty Master though!

Wingnut

by Wingnut

No license! That's excellent...if I didn't need a car to take my surfboard to the beach I wouldn't bother with a car either.

bricky21

by bricky21

Sweet bike. How about a shot from the drive side. Does it have it's own thread in here? If not it needs one.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The bike has changed since I took that shot a few yeas ago. I changed the bar tape to cork, bars, stem, saddle, wheels, cranks, bottom bracket, fork and pedals.

The frame is a 52cm and is bit small I usually ride a 53-54 colnago frame.

I have Mavic Helium tubulars with 21mm Vittoria CX. The cranks (175mm) and BB are Record. The pedals are Time Ti RXS. The bars are 3ttt Competizione Merckx style bend. The stem is 3ttt but longer I think 120mm. Before I took that first picture a few yeas ago I changed the saddle to a Selle Italia Flite from a San Marco Rolls and the fork from a colnago chrome 43mm rake fork to a 45mm colnago precisa fork.

I removed the C-Record cranks, C-record bottom bracket, Shamals and C-Record pedals which I will put on some time later but for current thrashing it's going with these replacements.

The Mavic wheels are great. I also have Mavic Reflex tubulars with record hubs I can put on there. Those are light blue which give it an American look :lol:

Thank you for your compliments.
Attachments
P0000627_mod.JPG

Limerick23

by Limerick23

wath

by wath

I'm glad this thread was created! :mrgreen:

It's no weight weenie, but here's my work in progress! :wink:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I want to get this classic Schwinn Le Tour soooo bad!
The seller has made an offer I can't refuse. :lol: :smartass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eGrBEs ... re=channel

apLe

by apLe

Hi guys, sorry if that's rather simple question, but I'm not familiar with classic bikes (too young :]). Can I build a bike like this http://allegro.pl/pinarello-80-rarytas- ... 64034.html or this http://allegro.pl/zzr-jaguar-reynolds-k ... 79536.html (there are tons of that kind of bikes here in Poland, I hope you get what kind of bike I'm talking about) with today's components? This will be my secondary road bike mainly for worse weather so I don't need really expensive heritage steel frame (will get one and put in a bike stand someday). My main concern is if I can fit it with Campy 10s or even 11s drivetrain? Those bikes are only for example, I'm not selling them nor advertising, sorry for posting links to auctions.
18' R5 coming soon...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

quattrings

by quattrings

a new 10 speed or 11 speed campy will work. the rear seat stays however are narrower (120 or 125mm), you can bend these outward to create the extra room for a modern hub.