Token TK520TBT Carbon Hubs - Anyone use?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addicted

by addicted

Anyone built a wheelset with these? What did you think of them? Reliable flanges? Bearings?
Thanks!

BmanX

by BmanX

I am looking at getting a pair of these as well. I have an older pair of AC sprint 350s where the rear hub is going and since AC does not support these older hubs I think I will replace them with the Token and also at the same time have them laced with Sapim CX-Rays.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cep111

by cep111

I just bought a pair! With the Token TK 221 skewers. If they work out I'm buying 2 more sets. Using them for some 50mm 420 gram carbon clinchers. Next set will be used for some Hed Belgium C2 rims, then possibly some 38mm clinchers. The Tiramec bearings look like they could be useful as well. I think they are beautiful. Skewers just won a couple of design awards. Mine are in route and should land next week. They remind me a lot of the Mavic ES anniversary hubs. The flanges look extra wide and should be strong. Rear bearings are 4 - 6802's which are used by Zipp, and many others.

http://www.tokenproducts.com/index.php? ... 166&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tokenproducts.com/index.php? ... 170&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SL58

by SL58

I installed couple of those wheels, they work just fine.
I have no idea about skewers but wouldn't hesitate.

gregalfa

by gregalfa

I got both wheels, tub and clincher built with this hub. Love it.
I just tried the skewer from the shop, it is very securely lock. Going to buy some. :o
The Great CarboniO

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

I'm using the Tk2341 skewers..
Look great, work great and mine weigh in at 35g..

Those hubs do look nice.

cep111

by cep111

There here!! Came in under weight too, 195 rear, 73 front
Attachments
KPace_8248.JPG

Phill P

by Phill P

looks like they have tiny narrow flanges, and small axles (in the front at least)

195 for the rear is pretty good, but given how small the front hub is 73 is average.

Carbon center sections in the past have had alignment issues (because the flanges have to be bonded to the carbon tubes and set parallel to each other) and the bonded interface gives an extra opportunity for cracking. As I said *in the past* most manufactures would have learnt from these problems. Hopefully who ever makes these hubs for token doesn't have these issues.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

I have a pair of the Token C22 Clinchers, been riding them over a year now and really like them. The hubs are noticeably smooth and really roll fast. Thumbs up!

Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

roca rule

by roca rule

Anybody knows where can I get then and how much will I expect to pay?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

roca rule

by roca rule

Is that the UK Ebay?
No wonder I couldn't find them.
Thanks for the link. With a little bit more positive feed back I will give them a try you're my next build.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

cep111

by cep111

[quote="Phill P"]looks like they have tiny narrow flanges, and small axles (in the front at least)

I can compare them to the American Classic RD205 and Micro 58, The rear flanges are a staggering 13mm wider in the back, Rear axel uses the same bearing as the Zipp 404's etc so I think it's gonna be fine. American Classic sure uses narrow flanges
The front flanges are exactly the same as the American classic, Except the front inner axel is quite a bit larger. 1mm larger bore and 3mm larger external bearing size.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com