Oakley Radar Lock

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

agfu

by agfu

Looks Like Art's Cyclery are taking orders for the new Radar Lock for delivery mid April

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

http://www.artscyclery.com/catpage-OAKRADLOCK.html?crumb=EYEWGLASSES

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Spoke to an Oakley rep last week...and they said "beginning of April".

hansonator69

by hansonator69

http://www.u51blog.com/general/nuevos-m ... fas-oakley

I wonder if they will make the Range lens to fit the Radar Lock, or if they will only have the Path and Pitch lenses available. And I also hope they eventually make an XL Blade version.

Now that I am basically going on about what I want Oakley to do, they should make a new version of the Zero :P
Slam your stem.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

hansonator69 wrote:[...]

Now that I am basically going on about what I want Oakley to do, they should make a new version of the Zero :P

Absolutely :thumbup: . And bring back the pro M frame too please.

mjduct

by mjduct

Getter wrote:Spoke to an Oakley rep last week...and they said "beginning of April".

you mean Mid May... :P :P :P

headwind816

by headwind816

I definitely want the White/Jade one :)

giant man

by giant man

What is the difference here between these and the normal Radars? The frame does look different, so is it just aesthetic?

maquisard

by maquisard

The difference between these and normal Radars is that one can change the lens without thinking one is about to damage several hundred points of Oakley plastic. Switching lens in the legacy model Radars is always a nerve racking experience. These have a switchlock type arrangement a la the Jawbones.

Show me them in Retina Burn colours and I may just be interested. :thumbup:
Last edited by maquisard on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

headwind816

by headwind816

The Oakley Radar Lock is an upgrade on the legendary Radar with the addition of an ingenious technology called Switchlock that makes changing lenses infinitely easier compared to the original Radar.

djm

by djm

headwind816: Is there unobtanium in your diet?

:up:

record

by record

They're having some production issue(s), expect these glasses around month later than it has been said.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

giant man

by giant man

maquisard wrote:The difference between these and normal Radars is that one can change the lens without thinking one is about to damage several hundred points of Oakley plastic. Switching lens in the legacy model Radars is always a nerve racking experience. These have a switchlock type arrangement a la the Jawbones.

Show me them in Retina Burn colours and I may just be interested. :thumbup:

I know what you mean, I cringe every time I take mine out just to clean them properly

headwind816

by headwind816

@djm ... yes but since it doesn't exist I cannot be tested positive for it :P

Getter

by Getter

headwind816 wrote:The Oakley Radar Lock is an upgrade on the legendary Radar with the addition of an ingenious technology called Switchlock that makes changing lenses infinitely easier compared to the original Radar.

Just get a pair of Transitions lenses and you'll never have to worry about switching lenses. :mrgreen:

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

Not sure I like the look of the arms - kind of reminds me of the Straight Jacket look. Facilitating easier lens changes for the Radar is a good idea. I have never had a problem changing the current version, but it is awkward the first couple of times and I was sure I was about to either break the frame or scratch the lens. After a few lens swaps it is actually pretty easy, the trick is to follow Oakley's instructions exactly. My solution was to get multiple frames, set them up with my favorite lenses and then I don't do any swapping. I won't say how many pair of Radar i have....kind of embarrassing. I doubt the Radar Lock is in my future any time soon, perfectly happy with the Radar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com