Lightest frame and fork???

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

xtr

by xtr

I want to buy a new suspension fork for cross country use but i don't know which is the lightest.I think the '98 sid (1100gr with cut driver) but i can't find it now.I also wan't to buy a frame and i think that the scott team issue is the lightest and the best!!

karlux

by karlux

Scott Team Issue really is the best frame - it is very lightweight and there are very litle possibility of manufacturing defects.
If you are looking for "best" suspension fork, I suggest you Rock Shox WC - it is not the lightest but certainly the best and it has lockout and the lockout can be mounted on handlebar. I just bought one and it is perfect!
But if you want the lightest susp. fork I recommend you to look for Pace forks. I think that 2001 Rock Shox Sid Race tuned should be light enough and it still has got legendary rock shox dual air suspension!
Light weight everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xtr

by xtr

My coach have a titanium diamondback(very old).the weight was 1150!Oh yes.. Does anybody knows a light titanium frame??

karlux

by karlux

Can't be true! I mean it isn't possible that any old diamonback frame could weight 1150g and whats more - titanium frames can't be actually made so light what so ever!

Maybe you should check twice!
If it's true, then I need one!
Light weight everything!

xtr

by xtr

It's 1995 ti.The scale says 1.153 for the ti and 1320 for my sintesi.i believe the scale is not broken.

jam23

by jam23

hello!!!
You have now on the market the Giant composite monoblock frame about 1.200 g. (rigid) and with back suspension the Giant XTC team NRS frame about 2.100 g. I think it´s the best frame.
The fork I use is the rock shox Sid 99, dual air, about 1.250 g.

P.D.-I´m not a worker of Giant company :wink: :wink: :wink:

BiBi WET

by BiBi WET

Giant MCM Team is a very very light frame. It's strong too !

If you consider the SID World Cup without the remote (useless), and if you replace the oil system with the 2001 SID Race Sealed cartridge, you will reduce the total weight by 190g + the remote weight (70g I think) !!!

Also consider the wheel weight who's the most important for a race bike ! My pair is at 1340g and it's strong for my 78 kg ! (it's a Tune Super MTB).

karlux

by karlux

To bibi!
I don't agree with you that lockout on handlebar is useless, although I agree that it is good enough with out it too. But this thingy makes a lot diferent feeling on the bike. I'm pretty satisfied with the idea, this helps me to jump up in short sprints without loosing precious strenght!
But as weightweenie I can say only one thing: it isn't necesary and it is a bit too heavy - could be lighter![/quote]
Light weight everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com