2012 Felt F3 got the razor blade treatment... Pics on page 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Don't everyone comment at once now...

I got the Thomson Masterpiece post (154g), new Ritchey WCS C260 stem (104g), and lizard skins tape thrown on. Also trimmed down the cables, cut the steerer, and swapped out the stack spacers for some lighter variants. Speedplays with Ward spindles will be here Monday. Demoing some saddles right now to find something a little more comfortable than the Toupe pictured. And some chinese clinchers will be here in a couple weeks :)

14.83lbs as pictured with cage, pump mount, and speed/cadence sensor.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

clarkson

by clarkson

thanks for changing the tape... I couldn't get past it.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Some miscellaneous weights.

The SRAM S975 crank with RED rings. Pretty pleased with this as claimed weights went as high as 795

27.2 x 240mm Thomson Masterpiece (before Ti hardware :) ) (claimed weight 158g)
(Sorry it's a bit hard to read. Last digit is a 4, not 9)
Stock Felt stem (claimed weight 135g)

Ritchey WCS C260 stem in 100mm (claimed 102g)

My semi-worn out Specialized Toupe Pro

Stock Felt UHC carbon bar (44cm width) claimed 198g :noidea:
A bit disappointed with the discrepancy in weight on this but so far it's plenty stiff so that takes priority.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Fork before steerer cut. I was a bit shocked by this as the claimed weight is 328g :(

After cut

dolophonic

by dolophonic

big change up.. nice. Don't think you need the set back post. otherwise looking good.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The saddle wasn't properly situated in the pic. It had to move back another ~1 inch. I'd been on a straight post and have been testing out several different saddle and positions, I threw the Toupe on with the measurements I used with a SLR (mistakenly) and about had a fit... after waiting a couple weeks for my new setback post.

OwenN

by OwenN

You think that carbon bar is heavy... You should see the alloy one that came off my F5. It's nearly a full pound. My fork is also a pig at 374g, cut a good bit shorter than yours (smaller frame).

I like your build. The grey/silver accents on the frame look smart.

And thanks for posting the weight of that crank. I may get one as it will save me ~100g over my old style S900 setup.

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

I'm in for some proper lovin on your bike and a bit of heckling too.

When we pulled that out of the box I wasn't super stoked on the color but you're really made it work well.

-Kevin

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I would have liked a little less "busy-ness" with the graphics but I think muting out the smaller parts should do the trick.
Last edited by Imaking20 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

Either way it's still better than my horrid Caad10 (which Cannondale said no way on an exchange/return and cranks won't ship until May 20th).

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Careful, there's a lot more love around here for Cannondale than Felt.

Sell it. I might know a guy.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

OwenN wrote:You think that carbon bar is heavy... You should see the alloy one that came off my F5. It's nearly a full pound. My fork is also a pig at 374g, cut a good bit shorter than yours (smaller frame).

And thanks for posting the weight of that crank. I may get one as it will save me ~100g over my old style S900 setup.

Sorry, I overlooked this post on my phone. Thanks for the compliments and so far I'd definitely recommend the crank setup! At first I was dead set on replacing it with RED, but the more I thought about the versatility of it, then knowing the weight was within 20-30g, I decided against it... at least until I get the urge for NEW red.

OwenN

by OwenN

If you do make the jump to a different crank let me know. If I haven't made a change yet we might be able to strike a deal.

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

Imaking20 wrote:
OwenN wrote:You think that carbon bar is heavy... You should see the alloy one that came off my F5. It's nearly a full pound. My fork is also a pig at 374g, cut a good bit shorter than yours (smaller frame).

Sorry, I overlooked this post on my phone. Thanks for the compliments and so far I'd definitely recommend the crank setup! At first I was dead set on replacing it with RED, but the more I thought about the versatility of it, then knowing the weight was within 20-30g, I decided against it... at least until I get the urge for NEW red.

I have a Hollowgram SL on the way that I can't use...

Are you getting "jeopardy theme music" in the back of your head waiting for carbon goodies like I am?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com