Canyon Aeroad CF 9.0 ETE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sjc166

by sjc166

@djm 190cm on a L, then 186cm should be fine. Hows the bike, any issues with it?

djm

by djm

Yes, you should be just fine on the L unless you have an unusually disproportionate relationship between torso and leg length. I don't know anything about body proportionality, but I am assuming I may be in the upper part of the interval of normalcy in terms of long legs :-)

The calculator on Canyon's website tends to recommend really big frames. I was recommended the XL, but decided against it as I wanted to keep the frame as small as possible and not have to put on a silly looking -17° stem.

All in all a great bike to be on. So much better than both my 2011 Jamis Xenith SL (wrecked) and my 09 Cervélo S3. I've had no issues with the bike itself so far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sjc166

by sjc166

Cheers! Thanks for your input.

JSS

by JSS

djm wrote:sjc166: I'm 190 cm tall. Inseam 94 cm. Long arms. The post is at the max, and depending on shoes, over the max...! But there's still 13 cm of seatpost left in the frame and I'm 77 kgs, so quite comfortable with going past the max mark on the post :-)

JSS: I feel very very comfortable on the bike. Just back from this almost five hour ride http://app.strava.com/rides/4783088 and I feel just fine (except from my shoulder that hit the ice as I fell exiting a turn speedskating Wednesday :-( )

I'm even going to try and lower the stem by one spacer.

On the picture the bike has a 110mm stem, but I've since swapped it for an identical 120mm stem.

I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, the drop is more drastic than most, even more than some of the pros that I have ridden with.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

The bike looks amazing - very jealous .

jo.k

by jo.k

JSS wrote:I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, the drop is more drastic than most, even more than some of the pros that I have ridden with.

Most pros are midgets.

djm

by djm

ajmit3: Thanks! :)

JSS: I haven't measured the drop. It may LOOK more drastic than it is because of the camera angle and the relatively short stem.

Jo, you are right, they're all midgets....! Now I'm going ahead imitating your bike, installing green Vittoria Pave w. latex tubes tomorrow..

jo.k

by jo.k

Enjoy the ride! :thumbup:

djm

by djm

Measured the drop to 10.5 cm.

The drop on my Ultimate AL however is somewhat more aggressive - 12 cm :-)

bruno2000

by bruno2000

What would be the weigfht difference between an team coloured bike and a matt black?

caballero

by caballero

How are you measuring the drop ? looks significantly more than 10.5cm there.

djm

by djm

caballero: I measured the distance from the floor to the top of my seat, and then from the floor to the top of the hoods and subtracted the latter from the former, equalling 10.5 cm.

As I pointed out the perspective from which some of the photos are taken may exaggerate appearance of the drop. Also one of the first pictures was shot with a shorter stem, further adding to the effect. The drop is virtually the same (0,5-1mm) as that of my Cervelo S3, and no one ever commented on it having a radical drop :-)

bruno2000: No idea on the weight difference.. there really doesn't appear to be much more than a matte clearcoat on mine.. and the green paint of course, adding a couple grams compared to the all black version.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Great looking bike. I really dig that headset, and top cap too.

Your drop looks perfectly fine btw.

aerozy

by aerozy

Great bike and great value for the money! This would be my next bike for sure If I needed one.

One question... Where has Canyon placed the Di2 battery?
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Aero-qualities or not, the Aeroad has better style than the Venge or S5 in my opinion.
Yours looks brilliant!

Happy riding.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.